Islamic Relief Job Vacancy: Project Coordinator Aceh Area – Pidie Jaya
JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator /Interim Aceh Area Coordinator
LOCATION: Pidie Jaya
JOB FAMILY: Support and Program
ISLAMIC RELIEF PURPOSE:
To promote sustainable economic and social development through development programmes, helping the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
- The IR programme in Indonesia was established in 2003 with one project office catering for development activities in Banten province.
- In 2004 IR expanded its coverage to include Aceh province targeting victims of the earthquake and the giant tsunami waves in the devastated Aceh province then in October 2009, IR expanded its coverage to include West Sumatra province also targeting victims of the earthquake and implementation of emergency disaster relief.
- The main sectors for Indonesia Program are health, disaster preparedness, education, shelter, livelihood and orphans support.
- The current geographical areas of operation are Aceh, Banten and NTB provinces.
Post holder reports to : Emergency, Disaster Preparedness/DRR/CCA Coordinator
The main purpose of the Coordinator role is to lead and manage environmentally focused stakeholder engagement projects effectively, and to ensure that they are delivered on scope, on time, and on budget and to agreed quality standards. The role also requires to contribute and establish project objectives also determine project priority; managing and coordinating all aspects of designated engagement projects; being a member of other project teams and participating in the work of other units; identifying and developing new prospects and projects; contributing to team and organizational work; quality assurance. The incumbent will be asked to manage day to day project implementation as well as re-planning, budgeting activities within the project itself.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops policies and procedures for project implementation in coordination with Line Manager
- Writes status reports on project activities such as project monthly report. Project update to donor, including necessary presentation
- Maintain the documentation of project such photos and related video
- Coordinates major improvements with government institution, counterpart, and others agencies.
- Proactively coordinating projects and acting as central point of contact for the project team including client, facilitators, and project assistants
- Supervise Project Staff on daily task and responsibilities and actively seeking solutions to problems; to take responsibility for projects, which may require independent working, supervises project assistants, temporary staff and volunteers as and when required.
- Actively managing the life of project activities such as community mobilization and training for beneficiaries
- Contributing to meeting and workshop design, facilitating at meetings and workshops as appropriate
- Take control of Project scope budget, time and budget
- Give recommendation to Line manager and Country Management team on field situation to gain corrective action in every decision gate
- Assist Emergency, Disaster Preparedness/DRR/CCA Coordinator in emergency response and field deployment including mobilization of existing resources.
- Ensuring consistent and accurate administration of engagement projects including: maintaining databases, mail merging and distribution of invitations or information, workshop logistics such as booking venues, dealing with project related media enquiries and activities, evaluating projects systematically in order to capture and share learning from what do, and to facilitate a culture of continuous individual and organizational learning
- Take a lead in project monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality of work.
- Prepare and update monthly logistics issues.
- Lead and Work Closely with Finance Staff on daily bases
- Works closely with providers/Consultants to assure efficient and effective execution of project deliverables
- Prepare procurement plan and logistic scenario
- Prepare Contract for vendor
- Oversee and monitor the administration and logistic compliance within the program
- Apply AX system for procurement in cooperation and coordination with Finance Assistant and Project Assistant
- Ensures inventory accuracy by coordinating the inventories and goods system to system information with monitoring as well as other manual inventory and adjustment processes;
- Verifies accuracy of physical inventory when needed,
- Answers questions regarding sourcing from internal and external auditor as needed,
- Assist in the administration of supply agreements
- Overview performance of vendor
- Coordinate with program department to manage inventory levels at multiple office locations
- Communicates fulfillment status and / or issues within the Organization to points including Demand / Supply Planning, Logistics Management, Sales, and Customer Service
- Other tasks designated by the supervisor
- Relevant education back ground in management (Minimum Bachelor Degree) and other social field ( having experience in support department or mixing between program and support) will be an asset
- Five years minimum experience managing program or managing
- Proven leadership and self-management skill
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Computer literate with fluency of using Microsoft Word, Excel, internet and email packages
- Experience of communicating and representation with a range of people, organizations and cultures, Problem solving from different angles, allowing for an integral vision of situations.
- Self-starter who is able to work collaboratively across functional areas to achieve organization and personal performance objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct/oversee evaluations, reviews, assessments, etc.
- Experience in the evaluation of development projects using a range of qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of and ability to work within both relief and development NGO contexts.
- Proven record of effective management
- Ability to work in a team
- Communication skill and report writing
- Problem solving
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Flexible & Patient
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team
- Sympathetic with aims & objectives of Islamic Relief
- Empathy with & understanding of the basic teachings and values of Islam.
- Sensitive to local customs
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Energetic and able to operate in situations which may be arduous
- No serious illness
Strong interest in development work with respect for confidentiality and commitment to Islamic Relief overall aims and objectives, including gender, equality and equal opportunities in all aspects of Islamic Relief’s work.
Islamic Relief is a faith based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
The deadline for submitting applications is: 16 July 2018