Islamic Relief Job Vacancy: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer, Bima – NTB
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation with a presence in over 40 countries around the globe. Islamic Relief Worldwide is a UK based International relief. We have been fighting poverty and injustice for 30 years, in a world in which over three billion people still live in poverty.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia was operational since 2003 following the MOU signing with the Ministry of Home Affairs. The objective of IRW in Indonesia programme is to contribute to the social welfare of the Indonesia people and to alleviate the suffering. The main sector for the programme include:
- Water and Sanitation
- Sustainable livelihood
- Child Welfare
- Health and Nutrition
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Climate Change
The geographical areas are Banten, NTB, Aceh and Central Sulawesi province directly implementing or through partners.
Project purpose: To support Islamic Relief Program DRR & Peace building in Bima district, Dompu district and City of Bima.
Reporting Line: MEAL Coordinator
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) officer is responsible for all planning, monitoring, documentation, learning and research activities, both quantitative and qualitative, for assigned South Bima Area projects.
This position is crucial to the management and implementation of programs by providing a strong evidence base and continual learning to improve monitoring of programs, ensure that lessons learnt are built into improved program delivery and program design and to build the capacity of partner NGO staff to strengthen their monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems and approaches.
The MEAL officer will be responsible for working closely with IRW programs staff, local NGO staff and IRW field coordinator to develop and implement best-practice monitoring and evaluation tools and assessments. This will include training field staff (both IRW field coordinator and local NGO staff) on best practice approaches to data collection, including ensuring the confidentiality and rights of beneficiaries are respected. The MEAL officer will support the analysis of results and help develop products to disseminate the findings of surveys and assessments, including drafting assessment reports.
The MEAL officer will support program design by writing MEAL frameworks and MEAL plans, tracking progress against program-wide monitoring indicators and collecting and drafting information relevant to improving the evidence base for the design of programs.
The MEAL officer will also represent WV in external fora, such as working with local Government units and other organizations on joint data collection exercises.
The MEAL officer will also support the establishment and monitoring of accountability to deliverable items and activities to the beneficiaries, ensuring high standards of transparency and protecting the privacy of the delivery mechanism.
This position is subject to donor approval for grant funding.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the project baseline is planned, coordinated and implemented within the designated time.
- For assigned projects, develop a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system (comprehensive log frame, M&E plan and indicator tracking table, data collection tools, information flow, reporting and review) consistent with the IRW DME framework, as appropriate, and in accordance with specific donor requirements.
- Work with project team to ensure quality programming and adherence to minimum standards including IRW DME standards, values and principles, SPHERE and other sector standards and protocols as well as the mainstreaming of cross-cutting themes (Gender, Protection and Disability).
- Ensure that monitoring incorporates and consider aspects at output, process, context and outcome levels for assigned projects and that appropriate data collection and reporting tools are developed and used.
- Synthesize and analyze M&E quantitative and qualitative data received on a monthly basis.
- Ensure effective monitoring through regular field visits (most likely through IRW program staff), conducting data verification, quality assessments and reporting the findings.
- Coordinate periodic review with partners to facilitate dialogue and intentional learning and reflection from assessments, program progress monitoring etc, to improve project implementation and project quality.
- Ensure a master beneficiary database is developed for the project and is updated regularly.
- Ensure a master indicator database is developed for the project and is updated regularly.
- Prepare and lead end of project evaluations as per donor requirements.
- Prepare monthly MEAL plans and corresponding reports covering work completed for the period under review and ensuring that key performance indicators are captured.
- Review monthly and periodic donor and Government reports produced by projects/programs to ensure compliance with recommended M&E guidelines, formats and programming standards.
- Design, conduct and report on post distribution/ implementation/ monitoring/end to end verification surveys as required by projects.
- Ensure that projects’ MEAL systems and reporting clearly reflect IRW contributions to the community, especially the most vulnerable.
- Support Project Managers in preparation of donor reporting by providing information coming from monitoring findings and data collected from field staff in a timely manner.
- Write and update program logframes and MEAL sections to support the continual improvement of program design.
- Organize and lead learning and innovative opportunities aimed at improving project effectiveness
- Ensure that projects have a system to track information produced to help report to donors and the management.
- Ensure the accuracy of all data presented in reports to stakeholders including to donors, local government units, partners, community beneficiaries, among others.
- Ensure that the highest ethical standards and confidentiality standards are applied in supporting accountability to affected populations.
- Bachelors in Social Sciences field
- 2 years’ field experience in Program Design and Development, Program Monitoring and Evaluation, and Capacity Building.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated ability in the use of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analytical techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal training.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of quantitative and qualitative methods including questionnaire design, survey techniques and participatory approaches.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, Power Point, database, spreadsheet and graphics presentations (including one or more of the following programs: Excel, Microsoft AX, Ms. Word), and other internet applications.
- Previous experience with developing DME tools
- Preferred working knowledge of advanced statistical packages (SPSS etc.)
- Understands the application of policy and the impact of decisions
- Understands international standards in humanitarian protection and accountability (e.g. HAP, SPHERE, Red Cross Code of Conduct, etc)
- Ability to write very good quality reports in English is required
- Basic working knowledge of statistical packages (Excel, etc.) is required
- Strong interest in development work with respect for confidentiality and commitment to Islamic Relief overall aims and objectives, including gender, equality and equal opportunities in all aspects of Islamic Relief’s work.
Islamic Relief is a faith based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project.
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: email@example.com
Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting applications is: 25 February 2019