Islamic Relief Job Vacancy: Livelihood Project Coordinator, Palu – Central Sulawesi
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation with a presence in over 40 countries around the globe. Islamic Relief Worldwide is a UK based International relief. We have been fighting poverty and injustice for 30 years, in a world in which over three billion people still live in poverty.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia was operational since 2003 following the MOU signing with the Ministry of Home Affairs. The objective of IRW in Indonesia programme is to contribute to the social welfare of the Indonesia people and to alleviate the suffering.
The main sector for the programme include:
- Water and Sanitation
- Sustainable livelihood
- Child Welfare
- Health and Nutrition
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Climate Change
The Purpose of this position is to coordinate the Livelihood project Intervention, to manage the team by coordinating the project implementation, monitoring, accountability and evaluation of livelihood and microfinance activities in the Central Sulawesi Province.
Reporting Line: Area Manager
- Conduct the market assessment for oyster mushroom, hydroponic vegetables, food processing, fish processing, tailor and small trader / retailer in Palu City and district of Sigi.
- Support the Food Security and Livelihood Lead to coordinate and organize livelihood team during project implementation.
- Ensure that programme delivery and advocacy/policy work are aligned and complementary;
- Lead on active engagement with local partners in a logic of empowerment of local agencies in line with the commitments of the CHS, Safeguarding, protection and inclusion, PSEA, GBV, SPHERE
- Facilitate communication among the team and externally to mobilize internal and external resources to reach the objectives of the response;
- Maintain an analysis of the humanitarian context and use this to inform interventions;
- Under area manager/ sub office coordinator support the program promotion, formation of groups, and formation of sharia microfinance to provide financial access to the survivor at the affected areas.
- Building good relationship with government agencies, department, NGOs and other stakeholders
- Ensure the proper livelihood project management inline with the IR Policies and Regulations.
- Proactively engage with donor representatives and organize programme visits
- Have experience in project management and good understanding of the project management cycle
- Good understanding of best practices in humanitarian, livelihood and community development
- Experience with development project management tools such as log frames, monitoring and evaluation tools and budgets.
- Excellent supervision skills, including training, mentoring and supporting staff
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and other software.
- Fluency in English.
- Good understanding of Core Humanitarian Standards, Sphere and MBICTP / CTP for humanitarian.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Gender, PSEA, Safeguarding, Protection and Inclusion.
- Bachelor’s in Economy, Agriculture, Social Affair, Accounting, or International Development in with a relevant field experience in coordination.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience working with Non-Governmental Organizations in level of Project Coordinator.
Strong interest in development work with respect for confidentiality and commitment to Islamic Relief overall aims and objectives, including gender, equality and equal opportunities in all aspects of Islamic Relief’s work.