Islamic Relief Job Vacancy: Facilitator Training on Gender Sensitivity, Peace Building & Human Rights Approach, Dompu – West Nusa Tenggara
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
Facilitator Training on Gender Sensitivity, Peace Building, and Human Rights Approach
Dompu Regency, 2-6 December 2018
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an independent humanitarian and development organisation based in Birmingham, UK. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for the three billion people still living in poverty and have been serving humanity for 32 years. Our global family includes national offices, affiliated partners and field offices.
In response to this changed context, strategic priorities adopted in IRW’s new Strategy include reducing the impact of conflict and natural disasters. Within this context IRW recognises the importance of conflict sensitive programming and robust conflict analysis.
Context of Assignment
In June 2018 a grant was approved by SIDA to Islamic Relief to implement a programme covering Pakistan, Kenya, Philippine’s and Indonesia. The programme entitled ‘Addressing the Imbalance – Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding in Fragile Contexts’ is a peacebuilding initiative aimed at significantly contributing to the peaceful transition of selected fragile and conflict affected communities in Kenya, Pakistan, Indonesia and Philippines and enhancing their resilience to conflict so that they can resolve and manage their disputes and differences in a non-violent manner.
The programme has three associated outcomes: 1) Critical partnerships help to sustain an environment of mutual trust, confidence and collaboration for peace and development; 2) Improved human security and stability through access to basic services leads to a decline in core grievances in communities; 3) Formal and informal institutions are more responsive to economic needs and opportunities of youth, building their resilience and reducing their susceptibility to violence and conflict.
The Assignment: Facilitator Training on Gender Sensitivity, Peacebuilding, and Human Rights Approach
The key purpose of the assignment is to undertake conduct a facilitator training on Gender Sensitivity, Peacebuilding and Human Rights Approach for facilitators in Bima City, Bima Regency and Dompu Regency conducted by Islamic Relief Indonesia’s Peacebuilding Specialist and trainers in Dompu Regency. The training will take around 5 days including evaluation and closing.
The venue will be in Rinjani Hotel, Dompu Regency, West Nusa Tenggara.
The training will cover:
- Conflict dynamics in relation to youth, women and local leaders (in particular traditional/religious leaders).
- Train local organisation on how to facilitate peacebuilding forums with human rights approach and meetings in the village levels
- Train the facilitator to Involve partners and communities in the analysis as much as possible to build their capacity and connections.
- Train facilitators on how to conduct workshop and training to the community on gender sensitivity and peace initiatives
- Gender sensitivity, human rights and peacebuilding brainstorming
- Plan stakeholders and community consultation plan for the peacebuilding initiatives forums/groups
- Train the facilitators on monitoring and supervising the communities and develop learning materials for the initiatives
- Highlight facilitator’s understanding of conflict dynamics with ‘Disaster Risk Reduction’ elements with the communities to increase the awareness and sensitivity in the communities
The Duty of the Trainer:
- Lead on the training on gender sensitivity, peacebuilding and human rights approach
- Prepare and provide training materials for the training
- Liaise with the IRW-Indonesia Peacebuilding Specialist for the training
- Set up the progress reports and understanding indicators for the trained facilitators
- Agree with the Peacebuilding Specialist on the concept of the training methodology
- Agree with the Peacebuilding Specialist on the training outputs and goals
- Agree with the policy of Islamic Relief Worldwide on child protection, procurement, and social media
- 100% of the participants received necessary training on peacebuilding, human rights, gender sensitivity and how to facilitate community meeting
- Increase of participants understanding in gender sensitivity, human rights approach and peacebuilding for community groups
- Refined concept of community group learning and monitoring for facilitators
- The materials and tools of facilitation are adjusted to local context
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the human rights values and ethical standards;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without discrimination
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to collaborate with different civic actors;
- Flexibility, discretion and tact;
- Experience in managing trainings in multi-cultural/ethic audience
- Good analysis and judgment;
- Teamwork, proven management and results-orientation;
- Ability to advice on development of conflict prevention and conflict resolution project proposals;
- Strong ability in managing politically sensitive issues, in a responsible way.
Strong oral presentation skills to stimulate lively discussion and facilitation of training on conflict prevention, peace building, gender sensitivity, human rights including confidence building issues with tangible results taking into account the local context.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in social sciences, international relations, psychology, human development, or other related domain; concentration in conflict prevention and peace-studies would be highly desirable
- PhD will be an asset
- Substantive experience (at least 4 years) in the field of conflict prevention, peace-building and conflict-sensitive development
- Substantive experience (at least 4 years) with trainings on results-oriented development in the areas of conflict prevention, peace building, including a gender perspective and human rights based-approach etc..;
- Proven track of excellent diplomatic skills and ability to work in very sensitive environments;
- Previous experience in the facilitation/participation in peace processes and dialogue activities would be an asset for the position;
If you are interested in this job position, please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: email@example.com
Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting applications is : 28 November 2018