Islamic Relief Job Vacancy: Emergency Response & Preparedness Coordinator, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
ISLAMIC RELIEF Purpose:
To promote sustainable economic and social development through development programmes, helping the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
The IR programme in Indonesia was established in 2003 with one project office catering for development activities in Banten province.
In 2004 IR expanded its coverage to include Aceh province targeting victims of the earthquake and the giant tsunami waves in the devastated Aceh province then in October 2009, IR expanded its coverage to include West Sumatra province also targeting victims of the earthquake and implementation of emergency disaster relief.
The main sectors for Indonesia Program are health, disaster preparedness, education, shelter, livelihood and orphans support. The geographical areas of operation are Aceh, Banten, Central Sulawesi, and NTB provinces.
As an Emergency Response and Preparedness Coordinator She/he will be responsible for the efficient and proper management of Islamic Relief’s Emergency Relief Programmes in respect to needs assessment, programme planning, implementation, camp management and monitoring and reporting.
She/he will Ensure IRW in Indonesia has emergency response strategy and ability to respond to in country risks.. These include Humanitarian Situation Analysis, Project Design & Planning, Reporting, Implementation & Representation.
Specific Duties and Roles
The Emergency Response and Preparedness Coordinator will give advice, analyse, draw conclusions and make recommendations involving a range of inputs to enhance programmes delivery.
S/he will ensure the programme meets IRW Quality standards and international Code of Conduct.
S/he will ensure that programmes are implemented, reviewed and evaluated in a consultative and participative manner through regular field visits.
S/he will build working relationships with donors and International NGO.
Essential: It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and sympathy with the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief Worldwide’s vision and mission including the following experience, skills and qualification.
- The ideal candidate should have a min of 5 -8 years’ experience within a similar role
- An in depth understanding of national and international development issues with particular focus on Emergency Response and Preparedness.
- Experience of working in humanitarian for Emergency Response and Preparedness
- Having experience in fulfilling the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) commitment for its emergency response and preparedness activities
- Strategic leadership and emergency response & preparedness resolution skills
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen & sensitivity to diverse social & cultural.
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels (national, provincial and local) with a variety of stakeholder
- Excellent report writing skills in English
- An ability to work under pressure with limited supervision and in complex environment
- Knowledge and or familiarity with the country/region
- Excellent written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Relevant University Degree, Masters or post-graduate in international development, Social Development Planning and Management or any other relevant field.
The successful candidate must have substantial experience of working with INGOs in developing countries, with a background of successful dealing and building relations with some International NGO & Government plus in-depth understanding of community development and relief issues.
Proven experience of developing quality proposals and securing funding from institutional donors.
Islamic Relief is a faith based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address:
Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting applications is: 9 January 2019