Islamic Relief Job Vacancy: DRR Project Coordinator, Bima
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation with a presence in over 40 countries around the globe. Islamic Relief Worldwide is a UK based International relief. We have been fighting poverty and injustice for 30 years, in a world in which over three billion people still live in poverty.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia was operational since 2003 following the MOU signing with the Ministry of Home Affairs. The objective of IRW in Indonesia programme is to contribute to the social welfare of the Indonesia people and to alleviate the suffering. The main sector for the programme include:
- Water and Sanitation
- Sustainable livelihood
- Child Welfare
- Health and Nutrition
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Climate Change
The geographical areas are Banten, NTB, Aceh and Central Sulawesi province directly implementing or through partners.
To build resilience of micro enterprise against disaster by converging DRR and Livelihood viability by focusing on Business Continuity Management (BCM).
For this particular assignment, you will perform your duties under the direct supervision of the Head of Programme.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Programme the Sumbawa DRR Project Coordinatorwill lead the implementation of project activities in Bima City, Bima and Dompu district with respect to technical assessments, awareness raising, beneficiary profiling, designing and delivering needs based trainings, coordination, provide facilitation role for supported micro and small medium enterprises (MSME) in formulating and implementing business preparedness and mitigation plan, and provide quality reports and feedback to the Programme Management.
- Implement all the activities according to the work plan
- Design and conduct technical assessments around micro and small medium enterprises (MSMEs) in the targeted areas to prepare for sectoral and area business continuity management (BCM),
- Develop and implement a social mobilization plan for the targeted MSMEs
- Prepare communication strategy with key stakeholders in building MSME resilience in the most prone areas to disasters
- Design and deliver capacity building for Micro and Small Medium Enterprises (MSME) to understand risk, develop hazard scenario, formulate business continuity plan (BCP), mitigate business risk, and prepare absorbing the shock and to building better scenario
- Influence decision makers and business leaders to get engaged in public private people partnership (P4) for MSME Resilience building
- Maintain liaison with other partners, Government and NGOs to seek for synegized delivery
- Collect, analyse and disseminate relevant information for learning purposes
- Working with Inclusion and Protection division to ensure inclusive DRR
- Draft monthly, semi annual and annual reporting of the project
- Keep all records up to date and file in a proper and efficient manner
- Undertake other duties assigned by the management to serve for the organization mission
- Observe security rules at all times.
- The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other department when necessary.
- Ready to be deployed to disaster area across Indonesia for emergency response.
Education and Experience requested:
- At least Bachelor University Degree or equivalent in a Disaster Risk Management, Environmental Sciences, Social Development and/or a certified training in the DRR context would be considered as a plus.
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in coordination, capacity building, disaster risk reduction; management experience in a both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in community-based DRR and Livelihood.
- Having knowledge on business continuity management (BCM) and experience in providing technical skill in business continuity planning (BCP)
- Working experience in international organizations or International NGO is considered as an advantage;
- Proven ability to manage financial resources according to donor and organization regulations, and also reporting requirements.
- Ability to work fast, effectively and independently in often high pressure environments, working across number of teams to deliver high communications output.
- Demonstrated ability to work in team as well as to develop and maintain strong relationships with other office staffs and beneficiaries.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Risk taking with decision making skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision and dare to take measurable initiative.
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, execute multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to mobilize community and resources.
- Good communication and strong analytical skills.
- Proven knowledge of the local communities, government structures, conflict management and good networking skills.
- Demonstrated ability in the design and effective use of training materials.
- Good writing/editing skills, budget development skills and presentation/communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Proficient in using the prevalent computer applications (word processing, presentations, email, etc.).
Islamic Relief is a faith based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project.
How to apply:
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting applications is: 31 January 2019.