International Federation of Red Cross Job Vacancy: Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation And Reporting Officer – Jakarta
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 191 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) for Indonesia and Timor Leste is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position:
PLANNING, MONITORING, EVALUATION AND REPORTING (PMER) OFFICER
Posting Period: 30 September – 13 October 2018
Duty Station: Jakarta
Classification Level: Officer
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 6 (Six) months
The PMER officer’s overall task is to support the LEO in ensuring quality and timely delivery of all plans/appeals/reports; and to work with Indonesian Red Cross (PMI) and IFRC staff to improve PMER capacity so that IFRC planning, M&E and reporting standards are met. The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical support to other programmes of the CCST in Indonesia and Timor-Leste as assigned by the Head of the CCST.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Operations reporting and monitoring:
- Work closely with the operation team to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of reporting related to the Lombok Earthquake operation
- Assist the production of progress reports including pledge-based reports for Partner National Societies and donors working with the PMI counterparts and operations team including reviewing, editing and formatting support in finalizing reports for institutional donors – e.g. DG-ECHO, OPEC Fund, governments, etc. – ensuring accurate information and required formats are used.
- Assist the Operations Manager and Head of CCST to monitor programs activities and to ensure reporting of relevant and accurate information based on IFRC and PMI PMER Framework and standards.
- Work closely with the field team, to identify existing monitoring and review mechanisms in the PMI’s Plan of Action to ensure that reports incorporate accurate and relevant information.
- Verify data from field and prepare progress reports for internal and external audiences, including consolidated monthly operational reports for IFRC and other stakeholders.
- Support and monitor with quality checks of activity reports from, field and PMI reports.
- Assist the PMI in the management of internal reporting system.
- Indonesian Red Cross (PMI)’s staff capacity building on PMER:
- Assist with organizing, analysing and consolidating monthly programs progress reports and in carrying out monitoring and evaluation activities that are intended to improve and promote the works of the Indonesian Red Cross.
- Develop (under the technical guidance from PMER Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) training materials and provide appropriate training for PMI staff to fulfil their PMER responsibilities.
- Assist/facilitate in PMER related training for relevant PMI staff and volunteers.
- Assist/coordinate in PMER capacity assessment at all levels of the operation.
- Facilitate required and planned evaluation and related data:
- Assist in the design and carrying out of assessments, evaluation and reviews.
- Assist with the set-up of appropriate internal and external reporting systems based on IFRC and NS standards.
- Assist (with technical guidance from APRO M&E officer) in the management of all evaluation internally and externally and support the use of evaluation results within the Indonesian Red Cross (PMI).
- Contribute to communication and network activities:
- Support communication through the provision of relevant and updated information
- Liaise with other PMER counterparts for networking and sharing experiences.
- Monitoring and reporting of the operation’s activities to management and stakeholders.
- Contribute to resource mobilisation activities:
- Support in proposal writing processes including reviewing, editing and formatting support in finalizing proposals for institutional donors – e.g. DG-ECHO, OPEC Fund, governments, etc. – ensuring accurate information and required formats are used.
- Other duties and tasks:
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Head of CCST or by the technical manager in APRO PMER.
- Relevant university degree in Social Sciences, Programme Management, Project Proposal, Report Writing, M&E Courses
- University degree in a relevant field
- 3 years related working experience in project management or in humanitarian organisation
- Strong background in report-writing and product delivery to tight deadlines
- Planning, implementing and monitoring projects from conception to completion
- Training development
- Working with financial systems
- Working with the Red Cross / Red Crescent
- Working for a humanitarian/non-profit making organization
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Advanced skills in computers (Windows, word processing, PowerPoint, spreadsheets)
- Exceptional standard of fluency in written and spoken English
- Able to work independently and as part of the team
- Good facilitation and report writing skills
- Exceptional organizational ability with an eye for detail
- Documentation preparation/presentation and computer-based production skills
- Fluently spoken and written English
Competencies and values
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: Indonesia.email@example.com
Please indicate on the subject heading: PMER OFFICER