International Federation of Red Cross Job Vacancy: Disaster Risk Reduction Officer, Lombok
- Support the implement the project activities in within the respective area of responsibility as per the Plan of Action.
- Maintain close coordination PMI DRR counterparts in the project implementation.
- Support the PMI on the facilitation of DRR training events at various levels;
- Ensure that DRR interventions are carried out in accordance with the approved plan of action, ensuring that the status of the DRR deliverables is regularly reviewed.
- Monitor the implementation of DRR activities, identify gaps, issues and risks and assist in addressing these as necessary;
- Ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach is undertaken for the implementation of the DRR activities in the field level.
- Assist the Field Coordinator in ensuring field-based project staff receive relevant skills training and knowledge development required for effective implementation especially in DRR related activities
- Update and report the Field Coordinator on a regular basis about the progress of the DRR theme activities for the Lombok EQ operations
- Coordinate all activities between the provincial branch and IFRC team in the field.
The Field Officer will work under the supervision and guidance of Field Coordinator. The person will be the principal representative of executing the DRR activities at field level and report to the Field Coordinator. The main of the Field Officer will be to establish strong coordination and linkages with PMI technical leads in the field to ensure that program activities are implemented successfully.
- Educated to graduate degree level and/or can demonstrate equivalent intellectual capacity
- Professional qualification or equivalent of qualifying experience in Disaster Risk Reduction Management
- 2-year experience in disaster operations management in the field on DRR
- Experience of supervising and supporting staff
- Experience of working with the Red Cross / Red Crescent
- Experience of working for a humanitarian/non-profit-making organization
Knowledge and skills
- Advanced skills in computers (Windows, word processing, spread sheets, etc.)
- Able to work independently and as part of the team
- Exceptional level of patience and able to work long hours
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability solve problems in the field
- Preparing reports
- General knowledge in technical sectors such as WASH, SHELTER, LIVELIHOODS, CASH
How to Apply
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: Indonesia.email@example.com
Please indicate on the subject heading: DISASTER RISK REDUCTION – LOMBOK.