International Federation of Red Cross Job Vacancy: Community Engagement & Accountability Senior Officer, Lombok
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
- Support PMI CEA focal point(s) in Lombok toconduct regular monitoring of the communications landscape, affected population’s information needs and accessibility, as part of continued assessment and monitoring efforts, working in close collaboration with the different operational sectors.
- – Based on the assessment, support the operations team to develop a CEA strategy and action plan and develop or scale up a systematic and appropriate approach to ensuring participation and engagement with affected people and communities across all sectoral interventions (WASH, Shelter, livelihood, health, etc)
- – Support the development and establishment of communication and feedback channels appropriate to the local context and practices, as well as a response and referral system that can ensure confidentiality, privacy and dignity
- – Ensure quality feedback recording, follow up, response and analysis, in close collaboration with Information Management and all technical sectors, to better inform decision-making at operational and strategic level
- – Support operational sectors in ensuring community consultation and participation to inform programme planning, monitoring and implementation.
- – Together with PMI CEA focal point(s), support sectoral field teams in rolling out risk communications efforts and promoting healthy and safe behavious through through technical guidance and training.
- – Support PMI in training frontline staff and volunteers to improve community participation and complaints handling skills.
- – Support the rolling out of people’s perception surveys to inform operational approaches and monitor effectiveness of operational strategies
- – Build the capacity of PMI to integrate CEA into their way of working by providing the skills and knowledge to mainstream CEA tools and approaches into their regular programmes, and develop an exit plan to sustain these operations.
- – Create partnerships and coordinate with other NGOs, humanitarian agencies and UN through the Communication with the Communities working group.
- – Provide technical support to integrate PMI teams to integrate CEA approach in programmes including Cash Transfer. .
- – Support PMI and partners in tracking rumours and developing appropriate responses to target population
The CEA Senior Officer, working closely with Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI) CEA focal person, will support PMI and IFRC operations teams in Lombok to enhance the impact, reach and efficiency of the operations in Lombokthrough the development, scaling up and integration of of CEA activities and approaches across all sectors.
- University degree (in Communication or Social/Behavioural Sciences i.e. Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology or Health Education).
- Three year experience working in community engagement and accountability, communication for development or social mobilisation in developing countries for a humanitarian or development organisation.
- Experience of working as part of a team responding to humanitarian emergencies, complex crisis or conflict situations.
- Experience setting up and managing tools for communicating with communities. For example radio programmes, TV shows, SMS systems, community committees, social mobilisation or mobile cinemas and community dramas etc.
- Proven experience in planning targeted and appropriate community engagement strategies.
- Experience setting up and managing accountability to communities systems. For example, feedback and complaints mechanisms, rumour tracking systems, perceptions surveys or participatory planning processes.
- Experience of coaching, training and developing National Society staff and volunteers in order to build long-term capacity and create ownership.
- Experience of designing and implementing assessments, community consultations, research and/or focus groups discussions.
- Experience working with Red Cross/Red Crescent National Societies.
Knowledge and skills
- Good planning skills, with the ability to identify areas for improvements in operations through the integration of CEA approaches and activities.
- Good knowledge of Red Cross Red Crescent disaster management cycle, including planning and response processes and procedures.
- Good knowledge of gender and diversity issues in emergency response operations.
- Team player, with the ability to coordinate and engage others and build good working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Highly motivated proactive self-starter, able to set and achieve goals using own initiative.
- Strong written, presentation, facilitation and training skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under stressful conditions to meet deadlines.
- Willing to travel extensively to support field operations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
How to Apply
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: Indonesia.email@example.com
Please indicate on the subject heading: CEA SENIOR OFFICER – LOMBOK