International Federation of Red Cross Job Vacancy: Community Engagement & Accountability (CEA) Coordinator, Jakarta
- Guide support National Societies to mainstream/ institutionalise CEA approach into their Strategic Plans, Annual Operational Plans, organisational strategies, frameworks, technical guidelines and SOPs to allow adequate implementation across all levels in the different sectors – headquarters, branch, chapter level.
- This shall include:
- Setting up, and management of, an appropriate mix of 2-way communication channels with communities, suitable to the local context and cultural practices, and ensuring National Societies have the technical skills required to provide timely, relevant and accurate information to people in emergencies, including through innovative engagement strategies
- Improve the ways communities can ask questions and voice their opinions and needs, through the establishment of appropriate feedback mechanisms and training of frontline staff/volunteers to act on and respond to feedback and complaints, as well as to ensure community participation in programme development and implemention.
- Analysis of community feedback and complaints ensuring they are used for decision-making and programme revision, and suggest ways to continue engaging with communities, keeping them informed and involved in plans and actions concerning them.
- Ensure CEA activities and approaches are integrated in programme and operational plans and budgets of PMI, CVTL, IFRC and PNSs, and support programmes and operations to meet set targets through the roll out and adaptation of Movement CEA tools, methodologies and activities.
- Provide technical guidance and supervision to the IFRC emergency operations in Indonesia and CVTL, with particular focus on the two major ongoing operations, in Central Sulawesi and Lombok, ensuring effectiveness, reach and results through the integration of CEA activities and approaches.
- Work with PMER, Information Management and programmes to ensure that Information Management systems and platforms capture people’s perceptions and feedback to inform decision-making processes at strategic and operational level.
- Coordinate CEA surge support particularly for PMI and CVTL, and as and when needed for the region during an emergency.
- When required, and upon agreement of the line manager, deploy to provide interim support to CEA assessment, planning, implementation and coordination in other countries should a disaster or crisis warrant mobilization of surge capacity.
- Scale up harmonized capacity building efforts to integrate CEA into PMI and CVTL way of working through providing the skills and knowledge to mainstream CEA tools and approaches into their regular programmes.
- Guide community engagement staff and operations team, and advocate with key national stakeholders for the roll out of appropriate technology and innovation for CEA (with a focus on the use of existing platforms and messaging systems).
- Proactively support resource mobilization opportunities, with regional/sub regional scope, bringing the CEA agenda forward, related to all Areas of Focus (AoFs) work – DRR, Livelihoods, Shelter, WASH, Health, Migration, PGI
- Provide technical support and guidance for Red Cross Red Crescent Movement partners and other key stakeholders operating in the Country Cluster, and provide tailored solutions as necessary
- Contribute to measuring and evaluating the impact of CEA, maintaining all records and data associated with the program and providing reports of activities as required.
- Lead evidence-based learning by assessing and monitoring levels of community engagement through research, impact surveys, perceptions studies and case studies.
- Actively engage with IFRC CEA technical resources in the AP Region and beyond. Identify and create partnerships and strengthen coordination with CEA partners in support of community engagement initiative in National Societies programmes and operations.
- Enhance national partnerships and coordinate with key partners, humanitarian agencies and UN through the Communication with the Communities working group at national and sub-regional level, where relevant.
- Support the positioning and visibility of Red Cross CEA achievements and share data with the national humanitarian network based on ongoing CEA programmes, operations and projects in Indonesia and Timor Leste.
Support Indonesian Red Cross (PMI) and Cruz Vermelha de Timor-Leste (CVTL) to develop and mainstream Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA) strategy, approach and dedicated activities as an integral part of emergency operations and in long-term programmes.
- University degree (in Communication or Social/Behavioural Sciences i.e. Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology or Health Education) or relevant experience is required.
- Basic Delegates Training Course or equivalent knowledge.
- Experience of working in emergency operation.
- Experience with the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement, including time in the field and/or with a National Society.
- 5 years’ experience in beneficiary communication, social mobilisation, communication with communities, community engagement and accountability or community for development with at least 5 years in developing countries.
- Experience setting up and managing tools for communicating with communities. For example radio programmes, TV shows, SMS systems, community committees, social mobilisation or mobile cinemas and community dramas etc.
- Proven experience in planning targeted and appropriate community engagement strategies.
- Experience setting up and managing accountability to communities systems. For example, feedback and complaints mechanisms, rumour tracking systems, or participatory planning processes.
- Experience of coaching, training and developing National Society staff and volunteers in order to build long-term capacity and create ownership.
- Experience of designing and implementing assessments, community consultations, research and/or focus groups discussions.
- Work experience with other international organizations, large NGOs and/or governmental development agencies.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work in a diverse cultural context.
- Strong communications skills and robust knowledge of information sharing tools, and the ability to implement them.
- Highly organized, with ability to create unified team approach.
- Strong skills in written and oral English.
- Ability to multi-task and work under stressful conditions to meet deadlines.
- Good understanding of – or training in – current developments in the field of communication with communities, behavioural and social sciences, community engagement and accountability planning and processes, community media; also strategic communication planning, behaviour analysis, formative research and evaluation of communication interventions.
Competencies and values
Teamwork; commitment to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement; national society relationship skills; integrity and personal conduct; sensitivity to diversity; flexibility and adaptability; initiative and direction; interpersonal skills; resilience; results focus and accountability
How to apply
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: Indonesia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate on the subject heading: CEA COORDINATOR – JAKARTA