International Federation of Red Cross Job Vacancy: Accounting Assistant, Jakarta
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) for Indonesia and Timor Leste is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Classification Level: Assistant
Posting Period : 12 – 25 September 2018
Duty Station: Jakarta
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 1 year (possible extension)
To assist the Finance Manager in performing all key general financial duties and provides finance support service to the Country Cluster Support Team and to Partner National Societies.
Accounting Assistant will assist the Finance manager in managing, processing and troubleshooting various account and transactions, in accordance with Federation standard procedures, policies, and regulation.
Accounting Assistant contributes to the achievement of the Federation Strategy for Implementation 4 to “ensure a strong IFRC that is effective, credible and accountable” and the role demands strict adherence to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies’ Code of Conduct.
Job duties and responsibilities
Support to the Country Cluster Support Team (CCST)
- Verify and process all the Indonesia and Timor Leste document according to the Federation policies; ie: ensure they are approved by the program manager, using correct coding, attached with valid supporting documents (purchase request, quotation, competitive bid analysis, purchase order, contract, goods received note) etc.
- Diligence check to new supplier and update supplier code
- Process and record all invoices in the correct period
- Ensure the account statement from supplier’s match with ageing balance on quarterly basis
- Process and record credit notes in the balance sheet
- Verify invoices against supplier’s contact before processing payments.
- Prepare and process all document to obtain a tax exemption letter from the authority Indonesia Government Department
- Perform daily entries (in-tray documents) into the accounting system (CODA) with complete, accurate and valid data that are ready for posting to books
- Prepare and verify all reconciliation is done each month.
- File all accounting documents in accordance with the Federation filing system and ensure the documents are sent to the regional finance unit (RFU) by the second week each month.
Working Advance (National Society, delegate & national staff)
- Verify working advances requests match Federation procedure
- Entry Reconcile the clearance of working advances according to Federation procedure and NS based on Project Agreement
- Identify any dormant working advance and follow up with National Society, delegate or staff concerned
- Update databased of National Societies document
- Support IT and admin to do quarterly asset check
- Ensure proper filling of financial document and are not expire by disposal date
- Filling Contract accordingly
- Additional duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Provide support in case of long term vacancies, absence or illness to ensure finance services’ continuity.
- Advise proactively the Finance Manager on systems and process improvement that will contribute to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting tasks.
- Academic Background minimal Diploma or degree in Finance/Accounting
- Minimal 1 year of working experience in accounting role and finance
- Work experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent movement is preferred
- Experience of working for a humanitarian aid organization in developing country is preferred.
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work as a part of a team with diverse cultural context
- Proven written and verbal communication skills in English
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: Indonesia.email@example.com
Please indicate on the subject heading: ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
Closing date: 25 September 2018