International Committee of the Red Cross Job Vacancy: Daily Worker – Logistics Assistant, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization whose mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence, and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the Geneva Conventions and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. It directs and coordinates the international activities by the Movement in armed conflicts and other situations of violence.
The ICRC Delegation in Jakarta is seeking an experienced and highly motivated person to fill the position of:
Daily Worker – Logistics Assistant
The job holder will be based in Jakarta and reports directly to the Logistician. The job holder will be responsible to provide technical and operational support for Jakarta and Dili office in the areas of purchasing, stock management, transport, import export and fleet management.
- Carries out purchase in Jakarta and field locations as instructed
- Ensures correct purchasing procedures in reference to ICRC purchasing and logistical procedures, Financial rules and Code of Conduct;
- Follow the delivery schedule of the goods as per instructions in the relevant purchase order contracts;
- Ensure that all other conditions agreed with the supplier have been met, i.e. quality and quantity, marking, etc. and reverts back to supplier when different discrepancies arise;
- Participate in tender process;
- Coordinates and gives feedback to requester and supply chain about quality and specificity of items that can be found.
- Follows ICRC procurement procedures
- In the case of petty cash purchase, physically visit the local markets in order to procure goods;
- Confirms supplier’s reception of PO and agreement on terms and conditions;
- Liaises and coordinates with the Administration Department on financial issues.
Perform other Logistic Unit function related to Transportation, Export – Import, Stock Management, Supply Chain Management, Office Activities & Fleet Management Support, when required.
Background and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor degree or professional school of similar level;
- 2 years work experiences in a similar field;
- Good command of written and spoken English;
- Good command in local languages;
- Good Computer Knowledge;
- Confirmed capacity to adhere to general ICRC procedures;
- Methodical Person.
- Understands the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement;
- Understands and adheres to the 7 Fundamental Principal of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Applies the security rules at all times;
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and supervisors;
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all time;
- Respects and observes staff regulations as well as the code of conduct of the ICRC;
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the organization.
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their application in English with cover letter and detailed CV to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject email of Daily Worker – Logistics Assistant.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline to submit application: 18 April 2019
Starting date: ASAP