IFRC Job Vacancy: WASH Officer, Lombok – NTB
The WASH Officer will work under the supervision and guidance of Field Coordinator. The person will be the principal representative of executing the WASH activities at field level and report to the Field Coordinator. The main of the Field Officer will be to establish strong coordination and linkages with PMI technical leads in the field to ensure that program activities are implemented successfully.
- Support the implementation of the project activities in within the respective area of responsibility as per the Plan of Action.
- Maintain close coordination with PMI WASH counterparts in the project implementation.
- Support the PMI on the facilitation of WASH based training events at various levels;
- Support the PMI on the facilitation of Hygiene Promotions
- Ensure that WASH interventions are carried out in accordance with the approved plan of action and standard operating procedure, ensuring that the status of the WASH deliverables is regularly reviewed.
- Monitor the implementation of WASH activities; identify gaps, issues and risks and assist PMI in addressing these as necessary;
- Ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach is undertaken for the implementation of the WASH activities in the field level.
- Assist the Field Coordinator in ensuring field-based project staff receive relevant skills training and knowledge development required for effective implementation especially in WASH related activities
- Assist the Field Coordinator in building good coordination and collaboration with local government, NGOs, and other key stakeholders for WASH related activities.
- Update and report the Field Coordinator on a regular basis about the progress of the DRR theme activities for the Lombok EQ operations
- Coordinate all activities between the provincial branch and IFRC team in the field.
- Educated to graduate degree level and/or can demonstrate equivalent intellectual capacity
- Professional qualification or equivalent of qualifying experience in Disaster Risk Reduction Management
- 3-year experience in disaster operations management in the field on WASH
- Experience of supervising and supporting staff
- Experience of working with the Red Cross / Red Crescent
- Experience of working for a humanitarian/non-profit-making organization
Knowledge, skills and languages
Good training and facilitation skills; Self-supporting in computers: word processing, spreadsheets and presentations; Fluently spoken and written English.
Competencies and values
Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and Teamwork;
How to Apply
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: Indonesia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate on the subject heading: WASH OFFICER – Lombok