IDinsight Job Vacancy: Case Study Interviewer, Jakarta
CASE STUDY INTERVIEWER — JAKARTA
LOCATION Jakarta, Indonesia
TIME Three weeks in January 2019
ABOUT THE CASE STUDY INTERVIEWER ROLE
IDinsight helps leaders combat poverty worldwide by designing, deploying and promoting evidence-generating tools. We serve governments, NGOs, foundations and social businesses across Africa and Asia in all major program areas including health, education, agriculture, livelihoods, finance, energy and governance.
We are currently working with Investing in Women (IW), an initiative of the Australian Government that works across Southeast Asia to promote gender equality, to produce qualitative case studies that examine whether and how their partner business firms are driving gender equality reform processes. The Case Study Interviewer will assist with 2 case studies in Jakarta.
- Conduct translations on the spot where needed. For each of the two firms, an estimate of 4 interviews per day will be conducted over 4 days.
- Translate any interview tools as necessary
- Review relevant documents (g., human resources policies) if written in Indonesian. Summarize key points and translate select portions to English as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Fluency in Indonesian; experience working as a translator preferred.
- Experience with conducting qualitative, in-depth stakeholder interviews, including building rapport, asking sensitive questions, adapting questions to respond to verbal and non-verbal cues, etc.
COMPENSATION dependent on experience, competitive with comparable roles.