Humanity & Inclusion Job Vacancy: Liaison Officer, Jakarta & Palu – Central Sulawesi
Terms of Reference for Liaison Officer
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, taking action and bearing witness in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Humanity & Inclusion is the operating name of Handicap International Federation. Earthquake with magnitude 6.0 hit Palu district, Sulawesi Tengah province on Friday, 28 September 2018 at 13.59 WITA (Central Indonesian Time) followed by another quake with magnitude 7.4 M at 17.02. the earthquakes followed by tsunami in Talise beach of Palu city and Donggala district with the height between 0.5 – 3 m. The earthquakes and tsunami caused 1,649 casualties, 2,550 injured and 62,400 displacements.
Indonesian government has set up the response and the coordination among all sectors both at field level and national level. National level coordination has the task to support the field coordination through policies and strategies. As International NGO It is very important for Humanity and Inclusion to join the coordination at national level to ensure the mainstreaming of disability and Inclusion issue are in place and also to keep the update of the situation in the field and the policies applies.
- To build the networking with all agencies and government at national level
- To attend the meetings and get the update of the situation of Palu and Lombok post disaster response
- To advocate and mainstreaming disability and inclusion issue on clusters especially on WASH and shelters
In order to implement the project goal, a person to ensure the coordination and networking at national level are needed HI is looking for a liaison officer on a consultancy basis (non employment contract),
Position Title: Liaison Officer
Duty Station: Jakarta (possible to be re-assigned in Palu)
Duration: 1 month
Under the supervision of the Partnership, Emergency and DRR Advisor, the liaison officer will be responsible for the networking and building coordination with all relevant government offices and other organizations for the response of the earthquake and tsunami in Sulawesi Tengah province.
The tasks in particular are:
- Attend all the meetings related to Palu and Lombok response at National level
- Together with the ministries (MoH and MOSA) , initiate the coordination meeting for agencies working in disability and vulnerable groups issue
- Buuld and strengthten the networking with all agencies focus on disability and inclusion issue.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders
- Produce writing report and meeting minutes.for HI internal use
- Represent HI at the meetings
- Understand the mechanism and coordination system at Indonesian government at national level
- Knowledge the primary health system with focus on emergency & crisis health services of Indonesia
- Knowledge on disability & Inclusion issue in Indonesia
- Experience of working with various stakeholders
- Good communication skill
- Excellent networking skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to deliver the required outputs and outcomes of the position within time frame
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer/contractor and particularly encourages persons with disabilities to apply Any interested candidates should send their proposal together with CV and references less than 200 KB as soon as possible to:
HR Manager of Humanity & Inclusion
Email to: email@example.com
(please put in reference in Subject: LO Jakarta/Palu)
Closing date: rolling