Hivos Southeast Asia Job Vacancy: Country Engagement Developer – Open Contracting, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title: Country Engagement Developer (CED) – Open Contracting
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration: 1 (one) year, with possibility of extension subject to good performance and funding availability
- Programme Development Manager Freedom and Accountability Hivos SEA
- Program Manager for Open Contracting Programme in Hivos Global Office
The momentum for more transparency around public contracts has been growing rapidly. Increasing availability of contracting information, however, will only lead to meaningful change if citizens know about and can make effective use of that information.
Hivos, together with Article 19, is implementing an international programme to build capacities of civil society organisations in low and lower middle income countries to advocate for more transparency in public contracting and to increase responsiveness and accountability based on that information. The programme will consist of global advocacy as well as national capacity building and advocacy in 6 countries in Latin America, Southeast Asia and Africa.
The CED will work as a member of an international team working in The Netherlands, Southeast Asia, Africa and Latin America. The CED should also in close collaboration with the Project Officer (PO) of SPEAK Program Hivos to achieve the common goal of public finance transparency and accountability. The position is Jakarta-based with some travel for coordination, monitoring and stakeholders’ engagement to perform the following area of function: Brokering, Portfolio, Capacity Building, Networking, Learning, and Programme Management.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyse the scoping study for the country in which s/he is based and co-create the specific country level strategy and approach for implementation.
- Is responsible for the delivery of a coherent programme of activities in the country in which s/he is based, in line with the specific country plan and overall objectives.
- Build up a strong portfolio of partners nationally, identifying change agents on government and strong partners to act as infomediaries to help translate public contracting data and document into actionable information.
- Contribute to the programmes monitoring and evaluation using outcome harvesting methodology.
- Coordinate and, where possible, conduct, capacity development trainings, including areas as advocacy skills training, analytical capacities to work with complex data, data journalism and data visualizations and mentoring opportunities.
- Coordinate and participate in national advocacy, broker relationships
- Coordinate with national civil society coalitions within the Open Government Partnership (OGP) and other relevant initiatives such the Extractive Sector Transparency Initiative (EITI) and Construction Sector Transparency (CoST) among others.
- Encourage learning, sharing new ideas and the scaling-up of successful initiatives
- Organize the participatory elaboration of joint strategic plans for each country/sector, which will also feed into a broader regional agenda.
- Elaborate risk analysis together with our partners to ensure that both they and the consortium understand the personal safety risks of engaging in specific advocacy activities and elaborate mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate with relevant Dutch embassy in country.
- Outreach to reach our inclusivity goals (including women and ‘offline communities’)
- Identification of ‘champions’ within government and private sector partners.
- National coalition building and support: identifying and building collaborative relationships with strategic organizations, individuals and initiatives in support of programme objectives.
Knowledge and experiences:
- Relevant Academic background (at least MA level) or similar in development studies, governance or another relevant field.
- 5-year experience with civic engagement in public procurement, extractive industries or other relevant sectors for transparency and accountability agenda.
- Strong communication, networking and facilitation skills.
- Coalition-builder, team player, experienced operating in multi-stakeholder initiatives.
- Ability and experience to talk to high-level government representatives.
- Flexibility, and the ability to work under pressure, prioritize and deliver in time.
- Keen understanding of transparency & accountability, citizen engagement as well as open government and open data field in the respective country.
- Affinity with and experience with civic technology and media.
- Intimate understanding of the particular country and its social, cultural and political context especially on transparency, accountability and anti-corruption.
- Excellent (major) local language and English skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to analyses budgetary line items for compliance with budget guidelines.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Country Engagement Developer (CED) – Open Contracting graded in Grade: 10 (from 1-12 Hivos’s SEA salary grade)
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 18 March 2018.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘CED OC’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Opened position for national level / Indonesian nationality.