Helen Keller International Job Vacancy: Partnership Officer – Makassar, South Sulawesi
Helen Keller International (HKI) is an international non-governmental organization that has a mission to save the eyesight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged by fighting the causes and effects of blindness and malnutrition. Established in 1915, HKI currently has its Head Office in New York City, with Regional Offices in Senegal and Cambodia, which support 22 country offices in Africa and Asia.
Since the 1970s, HKI in Indonesia has been working in Indonesia on an evidence-based continuous approach to improving health and nutrition, developing education for disability groups, and opening access to eye health services for Indonesians, especially women and children.
Currently, HKI-Indonesia is seeking 1 Partnerships Officer who will be supporting eye health project activities in the province of South Sulawesi. The Officer will assist the project team in managing business relations with relevant stakeholders in order to achieve objectives of the project. The business relations may come in various format, such as: technical assistance, advocacy, compliance of agreement, reporting, facilitation of events/activities.
Home station: Makassar, with frequent travel to districts and other stations.
Report to: Senior Project Coordinator – CH(eye)LD Health
Collaborate with: CH(eye)LD Health team
Duration: 12 months; possible extension up to April 2020.
- Establish and maintain relations with various stakeholders at provincial and district level;
- Assist government counterparts for improved planning, implementation and synchronization of prevention of child blindness initiave toward the Prevention of Visual Impairment and Blindness strategy;
- Wherever possible, identify and establish collaboration with charity organization or projects for provision of direct assistance to the child eye patients.
- Work in team to coordinate event or activities at province and district level;
- Identify the challenges, opportunities and threats for the sustainability of the project activities and explore appropriate solutions to integrate these into the existing health and education systems, such as: Private-Public Partnership;
- Document, update the significant impact of the project;
- Develop reports for HKI management and government counterpart, and if necessary, other partners;
- Guided by Regional Advisor for eye health and Operation Coordinator, reach out to relevant partners at the national level;
- Represent HKI-Indonesia and CH(eye)LD project at national, provincial and district level as needed;
- Assist the office or program with any additional duties when requested;
- Bachelor degree or higher.
- Minimum 4 years working experience, related to government/public relation, marketing.
- Preferably, possess moderate proficiency in English.
- Self-driven, result oriented, able to manage multiple tasks at once and within given deadline.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Energetic, proactive, collaborative, and tolerant in character.
- Possess personal vehicle and valid driving license.
- Willing to travel out of town with sudden notice.
Any qualified individual is welcome to the selection process. HKI Indonesia offers the same and non-discriminatory working environment for woman and disabled individuals. Please note that HKI does not provide accommodation or relocation allowance for this position.
The application for this position is submitted in electronic and contains: application letter and updated CV with recent photo.
Document is to be sent to email@example.com no later than December 4, 2018 at 17.00 WITA.