Handicap International Job Vacancy: Technical Adviser – Inclusive Employment, Jakarta
The project “Forward Together: Empowering youth with disabilities in Asia” aims at improving access to employment and entrepreneurship for youth with disabilities in the Philippines and in Indonesia. The 36 months project will support at least 380 youth with disabilities and the project will put a strong emphasis on supporting access to formal employment in both countries, working with the private and government sectors, civil society organizations and disabled people’s organizations.
Handicap International Federation is currently seeking a: Technical Adviser – Inclusive Employment
The Inclusive Employment Technical Adviser is under the responsibility of the Inclusive Employment and Livelihood Technical Coordinator. He/she will be responsible for developing strategies, methodologies and tools, with the support of the Inclusive Employment and Livelihood Technical Coordinator, for the implementation of the waged employment component of the project. He/she will be responsible for job mapping and job matching for at least 80 youth with disabilities and recommend the necessary skills set (soft skills, knowledge and competencies) youth will need to access decent jobs. He/she will be ensuring that employers are able to hire youth with disabilities by assessing the level of inclusion of their workplace and providing them with awareness sessions, trainings and coaching on disability inclusion in the workplace. The technical adviser is expected to coordinate and plan his activities with all members of the team, especially with personalized social support officers and implementing partners who will be working closely with beneficiaries. He/she will also play a strong role to support the Project Coordinator in networking with potential employers (private and public), government agencies and disability stakeholders in Jakarta. He/she will also collaborate and share best practices with the inclusive employment technical adviser based in Philippines.
Line Manager: “Forward Together” Inclusive Employment and Livelihood Technical Coordinator
Duty Station: Jakarta
- Inclusive Employment Strategy development and mapping of stakeholders
- Review of previous or ongoing similar HI projects
- Desk review and mapping of existing inclusive employment initiatives and involved stakeholders in Jakarta, Indonesia and recommend target areas and target stakeholders
- Analysis of disability, accessibility, inclusive employment laws and policies
- Develop and contextualize implementing strategies
- Facilitate linkages, dialogue and interaction between different key livelihood stakeholders/ vocational skills training institutions to promote inclusion in their program, policy and services
- Tools and training methodologies development with the support of the Inclusive Employment and Livelihood Technical Adviser
- Map out jobs and training opportunities available in targeted areas
- With the support of the personalized social support officers and implementing partner, identify needs and skills of target beneficiaries
- Develop trainings, capacity building plans and referral systems that will contribute to build the necessary skills set of target beneficiaries
- Develop linkages with training institutions to refer youth with disabilities
- Develop and roll out training and coaching packages to ensure inclusion of youth with disabilities in regular training programs
- Roll out of employers capacity building activities on diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Identify and map out employers interested by inclusive employment
- Deliver disability awareness sessions to selected employers and assess the level of inclusion of each institution
- Roll out training and coaching packages with selected company staff
- Recommend necessary adjustments and modifications to workplaces
- Link with disability experts (occupational therapists, accessibility experts…) when needed, organize and manage their mission/deliverables according to HI procedures and quality standards
- Explore and develop on the job training opportunities for selected youths
- Support the Project Coordinator in advocating for disability inclusive employment and facilitating dialogues with relevant stakeholders, including corporate partners, training institutions and government stakeholders
- Act as technical focal point for technical assistance requested by the funding agency
- Monitor and evaluate activities with employers following HI’s quality standards and project indicators
- Youths with disabilities targeting waged employment acquire adequate skills
- Support the process of beneficiary identification and educational/vocational assessments
- Coordinate and plan necessary capacity building activities
- Support the identification and identification of necessary accommodation to include target beneficiaries in vocational training programs
- Coordinate with implementing partner with needs identified for reasonable accommodation, assistive devices and assistive technology provision
- Lead job matching work to refer target beneficiaries to suitable job opportunities
- Monitor and evaluate target beneficiaries’ progress when on the job training or when employed
- Support implementing partner in forging identified links with services and different stakeholders, their relevance to each participant’s situation, and the groundwork needed to develop the capacity to receive them;
- Support implementing partners in providing personalized support, coaching and mentoring of participants in their employment activities; and ensuring the quality of service provided is based on respect and intrinsic values of each participant; involve participants, DPOs, and partner staff in quality monitoring, decision-making, and recommending solutions.
- Documentation of learning and knowledge management to develop HI’s technical expertise on inclusive employment
- Identify best practices and failures within the project
- Collect and analyze necessary data to build lessons learnt process and develop practical factsheets
- Participate and contribute in national/international workshops and seminars related to inclusive employment work based on project requirements and opportunities
- Communicate findings, factsheets and share knowledge proactively to project team, partners, other HI projects, headquarters and project stakeholders as appropriate
- Support the project coordinator in communicating on project’s gains
Perform such other functions and duties as the operation or exigencies of the project may require.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a trainer or coach with at least 2 years in a corporate / private sector environment
- Experience of working and collaborating with diverse sets of stakeholders, including disabled people’s organization, government agencies, employer’s organizations and civil society organizations.
Skills and qualities:
- Experience coordinating job placement for people from vulnerable communities
- Genuine commitment for furthering diversity recruitment
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate with both employee and management audience
- Ability to develop training packages and roll out capacity building plans and trainings to a wide range of audiences
- Pedagogy and adult learning strategies
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation processes
- Excellent analytical, planning and reporting skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills such as the ability to handle responsibility, take initiatives, prioritize work and respond effectively to multiple urgent issues while maintaining attention to detail and quality;
- Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team or independently, and meet deadlines consistently;
- Team work spirit and responsiveness;
- Soft skills: innovation, problem solving, coaching, listening, positive thinking;
- Language: English and Bahasa Indonesia (mandatory proficiency)
- Knowledge of government policies and strategies on disability inclusive employment and livelihood opportunities
- Exposure to a wide background of disabilities
- Previous experience working with international NGO
- Knowledge of the twin track approach to disability
- Knowledge of reasonable accommodation and accessibility
- A resume and an application/motivation letter written in English summarizing qualifications and experience with 3 work references with contact details
- Available to join on 1st April 2019.
In determining salary for this position, Humanity & Inclusion applies its salary grading process, taking into consideration the job description and applicant’s previous work experience and the organization’s salary grid. The salary range will be IDR 10.103.000 – IDR 11.138.000.
Please send the stated requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18th March 2019. Applications will be received on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Kindly note that we will contact only the short-listed candidates. Applications from persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons with disabilities, to apply. Humanity & Inclusion has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, fraud, bribery and corruption.