Handicap International Job Vacancy: Deputy Project Manager, Kupang – NTT
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, taking action and bearing witness in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
During the past five years, Indonesia has expressed its commitment to enhance the rights and opportunities of persons with disabilities by ratifying the UNCRPD, and a vibrant national disability movement has emerged, demonstrating its capacities by providing recommendations to the government concerning legal reform, raising awareness amongst the general public in some areas and setting-up networks across the country.
The proposed intervention builds upon the key findings and achievements reached during the previous BMZ and GIZ funded projects. Fruitful synergies and linkages between local DPOs, government bodies and civil society platforms have been established: i/ inclusive village committees and accessible village offices set-up in 2 villages; ii/ District communication forums on disability established and involving DPOs, NGOs and local authorities; iii/ active participation of persons with disabilities in the 2015 development planning process at village and district levels.
For the current action, titled “Building Local Capacities and Alliances for Participatory, Inclusive and Open Public Finance Management Processes in Indonesia” funded by European Union, HI will look at the dissemination, strengthening and monitoring of these initiatives in all target villages and in both Gunungkidul district and Kupang district. It will focus its scope of action on DPO/NGO collaboration and platforms, setting-up local UNCRPD monitoring mechanisms and the development of inclusive local development plans involving local DPOs, authorities and social services providers. It will also initiate immediate pilot actions supporting local service providers to better include people with disabilities, making sure that people with disabilities and their organizations are systematically involved in decision-making processes.
At the moment, the project, currently funded by European Union will be on its final year of its 3 years implementation. In order to implement the project goal, HI is currently looking for a Deputy Project Manager (DPM) for its office in Kupang.S/he will ensure the continuation of the implementation of the action in NTT province, together with the team from HI and its co-implementing partners.
In order to implement the project goal described above, Humanity & Inclusion is currently looking for the following position for its office in Kupang:
Position Title: Deputy Project Manager
Location: Kupang, NTT
Closing date: May 15, 2018
Starting Basic Salary Range: Rp 7 – 7.3 million IDR
The determination of the starting basic salary will be based on candidate’s experience objectively based on HI’s salary scale system and is non-negotiable.
The successful candidate is expected to start mid June 2018 at the latest.
TASKS/RESPONSIBILITIESUnder the line management of Project Manager (PM), the Deputy Project Manager will develop relationship with DPOs, local authorities as well as other stakeholders in his/her targeted areas. The tasks in particular are:
Manage project implementation including:
- Support the PM to determine the methodology to be used in the project
- Support PM to manage implementation of beneficiaries satisfaction survey in the end of the project
- Direct and manage the implementation of the project and project monitoring procedures (include support to data collection on beneficiaries, and achievement of result and objectives)
- Maintain a good relationship and regular communication with local authorities at district/ municipality level particularly Bappeda, Dinsos, BMPD and village staff at village level
Direct the project team, including:
- Supervise and monitor individual action plans (IAP) of PO
- Assess team members on the basis of the IAP
- Assure effective communication within the team and partners
- Propose any contractual procedures necessary (ToRS, Budget, Purchase request, etc) for the project implementation
- Review ToR and budget for capacity building activities
- Write monthly report of the project and submit to the Project manager
DUTY STATION: Deputy Project Manager will be based in Kupang with frequent travels to the field.
PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTSEssential:
- Familiar with project logical frameworks
- Experienced working with Local Authorities at provincial, district and village level at NTT context particularly ( Kupang district and Kupang Municipality )
- Experienced with working with partners
- Experienced in working in development projects
- Experienced working and assist Local authorities at District/Municipality level and village level in planning and budgeting issues
- Skills on report writing and data management
- Experienced working with excluded group in development issues
- Experienced working in the field of Disability & support to civil society
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Willing to work in irregular and/or long hours
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in INGO
- Bachelor Degree in Sociology or any other relevant majors
- Have an experience in managing team
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with people with disabilities and the organization of Person with disabilities
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with partners
- Facilitating training skill
Contract will be for a period of maximum 7 months.
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and particularly encourages persons with disabilities and women to apply
Any interested candidates should send their motivation letter together with CV and references less than 200 KB and no later than May 15, 2018 to:
HR Manager of Handicap International Federation
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(please put in reference in Subject: DPM Kupang)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Residents of NTT province will be highly appreciated.