GIZ – PROPEAT Project Job Vacancy: Driver for Speedboat and Office Assistant, Tanjung Selor, North Kalimantan
- Integrated planning processes for the protection and sustainable management of peat ecosystems and mangrove in Kayan Delta Area.
- Improved peat and wetlands ecosystems land use system/practices
- Results from applied research and documented field experiences will be distributed at local,national and international levels through the Peatland Restoration Agency (BRG).
GIZ seeks a qualified Indonesian candidate for one position of Driver for Speedboat and Office Assistant
- Safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official speedboat
- Management of official boat matters (logbook, insurance, tax, boat licence) and preparing vouchers boat-related accordingly;
- Regularly maintenance and looking after official speed boat;
- Taking account of all available information on river/sea conditions, accessible routes and locations;
- Keeping the office premises clean and tidy
- Running official errands and assisting with other office services.
- Drives office speed boat safely and chauffeur’s office staff, official visitors and guests to official destinations
- Helps with transporting goods;
- Completes the speed boat log book correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards;
- Does not use the speed boat for his own private purposes at any time. Such miss-used of the vehicle is considered a serious misconduct and will immediately lead to a warning and may result in dismissal.
- Cleans the interior and exterior of the speed boat regularly;
- Checks oil, propeller, brakes and battery levels and headlights, bodywork for dents etc;
- Responsible for the project speed boat documents and their good condition, keeps speed boat logbook on a daily basis and registers each monthly check
- Reports the need for maintenance and carries out minor repairs;
- Immediately reports all involvement of the project or office speedboat in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of speed boat fittings.
- Uses all available information (including current radio broadcast on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes and locations, and shares this information with other office drivers.
Office Services and Administration
- Wears a proper uniform
- Cleans and tidies the office premises
- Provides services at meetings, e.g. serves coffee and tea for guests and visitors
- Runs errands, e.g.: buying lunch for office staff, if and as required
- Assist in proper maintenance and repair of office premises and equipment
- Reports major damages of office premises and equipment
Supports Office Communications and Administration
- Operating the telephone and informing staff of important communications
- Makes photocopies and scans documents, if and when required
- Supports the Administration and Finance Professional in collecting project funds from the bank, paying office bills, buying small quantities of office supplies & stationeries, if requested
- Supports and checks office logistics (supplies & stationeries) and reports it to Junior Finance Professional
- Supports office for messenger services, e.g.: sending letters and messages
- Assists in the logistical management of the meetings, workshops and other activities of the project by documenting events (taking photos)
- Supports the Administration and Finance Professional in filling and organizing supporting documents of project
Other duties/additional tasks
- Assists other colleagues as needed if there is no duty travel and carries out other office work as assigned
- Undertake further job training related to his position and duties, if required.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Secondary school education;
- At least 3 years’ professional experience as a driver of speed boat with references;
- No major accidents in the past 3 years;
- Discipline and punctuality, resilience and patience, appropriate appearance and attire;
- Very good knowledge and familiarity with Pontianak area and its suroundings;
- Ensures unrestricted availability of vehicles at all times and reports restrictions immediately;
- Sufficient knowledge of English;
- Sufficient working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures is agreed with management.
Duty Station: Tanjung Selor, North Kalimantan
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor of Peatland Management and Rehabilitation (PROPEAT) project
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including latest photograph and list of references) to email@example.com by April 24th, 2019, with subject line PROPEAT – Speedboat Driver & OA
Please name your file as the following format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified