GIZ Job Vacancy: Advisor for Jurisdictional Sustainability, Samarinda – East Kalimantan
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organization which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ has a record of more than 20 years of involvement in the area of climate policy in Indonesia.
GIZ is currently implementing a global project, funded by the International Climate Initiative (IKI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU), called “Sustainable and Climate Friendly-Palm Oil Production and Procurement (SCPOPP).” The project aims to contribute to the improvement of the environment and social sustainability as well as to reduce greenhouse gases from oil palm cultivation. Apart from the implementation in Germany and Thailand, the project works in a focused landscape in a pilot district in East Kalimantan, Indonesia, for four years.
The project organizes the activities in Indonesia into three work packages. Those are:
- Land-use planning and land registration
- Partnership for sustainable and climate-friendly farming practice
- Jurisdictional sustainability platforms and best practice documentation and dissemination
For work package 3, GIZ seeks a qualified Indonesian candidate for one position of
Advisor for Jurisdictional Sustainability
- Assess and identify institutional capacity development needs for the pilot district to be a sustainable jurisdiction;
- Provides professional advice to the district and province government as well as the local representatives (DPRDs) in reviewing and developing the necessary plan, regulations, and programs to transform the palm oil production of the pilot district towards a sustainable one;
- Facilitate the stakeholders in the pilot district to form a common strategy and to support the early stage of the operation of the sustainability platform (multi-stakeholder partnership);
- Facilitate the connection between the sustainability platform of the pilot district with the platforms in the province and national, as well as with the sustainable value chain partnership(s) at the focused landscape;
- Facilitates the stakeholders in the value chain of the focused landscape and the members of the sustainability platform to document the lessons learned from experiences for dissemination to the outside audiences;
- Liaisons between the project and the district government as well as other stakeholders in the focused landscape and the pilot district to support measures on sustainable and climate-friendly plantation (especially palm oil) production;
- Responsibly prepares and implements events, workshops, and conferences;
- Innovation and knowledge management and communication of innovation to partners and essential stakeholders;
- Integrates results and experiences to improve synergy on overall activities between the project and thematically related projects implemented by GIZ in Indonesia;
- Assist the project responsible manager in project management tasks as assigned.
Management and Coordination:
- Supports project planning by developing concepts and strategies, ensure implementation;
- Actualizes the planning continuously together with the counterparts;
- Takes part in the formulation of project planning and facilitate synchronization between the planning and budgeting system;
- Compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments;
- Contributes to the coordination of the project works so that the objective and indicators can be achieved;
- Supervise consultants, contractors, and interns for the project;
- Contributes to the writing of the project progress and monitoring reports, identifies bottlenecks and recommends alternative management options to the project responsible manager;
- Represents project when needed;
- Evaluates results of activities and give input/feedback for better implementation.
Professional Advisory Services:
- Advise partner institution(s) on order clarification, identifying needs, developing concepts and strategies, and provides technical input;
- Participates in determining requirements for external support and advice, works on policy recommendations and promotes a strategic approach;
- Contributes to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint project/ program activities;
- Formulates terms of references and selects and supervises third parties in the course of carrying out project/program activities, including performance evaluation;
- Deals with the design, preparation, and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues related to the work package;
- Develops and organizes quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements, and initiatives;
- Assures the alignment of the project’s service provision with the partner’s needs.
Networking and Cooperation:
- Ensures cooperation, regular contact, and dialogue with partners, relevant organizations, non-governmental agencies, and individuals with other related projects to improve and maintain good working relationships;
- Travels in accordance with project requirements;
- Supports project responsible manager in smooth partner relations;
- Communicates and channel local interest and aspirations and exchange ideas and information for the benefit of the project.
- Compiles information and ensures knowledge transfers;
- Develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals, and procedures;
- Draws up reports and presentation documents;
- Formulate appropriate input for project reports.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Minimum Bachelor/B.S degree in political science, economics, forestry, agriculture, or other related academic fields.. Seniority is of advantage.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience on works related to facilitating multi-stakeholder partnership, policy and regulation making, particularly in agriculture or forestry sector,
- Experienced in project management.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Excellent knowledge on political-economy approach, the economics of palm oil, regional economic development, regulation making, and public administration processes;
- Strong skill in designing and facilitating an effective multi-stakeholder partnership;
- Excellent capability to plan, implement, and monitor the effectiveness of various capacity development measures,
- Excellent working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and basic computer applications (e.g., MS Office),
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English; German knowledge would be an advantage;
- Focused, proactive and positive working attitude,
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team,
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration with other programs, international offices, and partners,
- Aware of social and intercultural sensitivities, flexible and possess a sense of diplomacy,
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high-quality work products,
- Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management..
Duty Station: Samarinda, East Kalimantan (with frequent travel to the pilot district)
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Project responsible manager in Samarinda, Indonesia
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including latest photograph and list of references) to email@example.com by November 28th, 2018, with subject line SCPOPP – Advisor JS/WP3.
Please name your file as the following format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified