GIZ Indonesia – The Urban Nexus Project Job Vacancy: National Advisor, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations on behalf of the German Government.
The rapid population growth of Asian cities places an increasing strain on natural resources and also bears the risk of supply shortages, particularly with regard to water supply and sanitation as well as energy supply, land use and food security. Asian cities, municipal administrations and utilities as well as national and regional planning units usually do not adequately plan in an inter-sectoral approach. Within the sectors energy, water and food security (agriculture) the nexus approach aims to plan and manage in an integrated manner and in doing so intends to utilise synergy effects and, hence, to contribute to a better resource efficiency. The Nexus approach is embedded in the Global Agendas, in particular the SDGs and the NDCs. The TC measure operates in up to twelve selected Asian cities in seven countries (China, India, Indonesia, Mongolia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam) and follows a multi-level approach.
We seek a qualified Indonesian candidate for:
Duty Station: Jakarta
Support the Urban Nexus Project in giving advisory service and training to BAPPENAS and related sectorial ministries (Ministry of Public Works and Housing/MPWH, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Ministry of Land and Spatial Planning) regarding coordinated integrated resource management in the framework of the International Agendas (in particular the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development) within the Nexus sector of water, energy and food security.
Moreover, maintain continuous contact to the Nexus Partner Cities of Tanjungpinang and Pekanbaru regarding the promotion of the identified Nexus infrastructure projects and developments in the cities.
Linking the Nexus Partner cities with the corresponding Ministries at national level regarding support and finance for the implementation of the infrastructure projects studied.
The technical professional performs the following tasks:
- Organize Nexus training workshops on national level with BAPPENAS and relevant sector ministries with BAPPENAS in the lead
- Support the elaboration and promotion of Nexus Checklists or guidelines adjusted to Indonesian conditions
- Promotion of inter-institutional cooperation regarding integrated resource planning, management and implementation of investment projects / exploitation of synergy potentials and for saving natural resources
- Promote consideration of the “interlinkages” between water / wastewater, energy and agriculture (NEXUS) in the provision of infrastructure (use of digested sludge for energy production, treated waste water for irrigation of green areas and for agriculture and digestate as fertilizer and humus for agriculture (“close the loop”)
- Promotion on planning and construction of “affordable & resilient housing” on the basis of existing building legislation
- Advisory service in the areas of wastewater management (innovative technologies for wastewater use including power generation), waste management (innovative waste management technologies)
- Establishment of networking for the exchange of information and cooperation in the context of specific (pilot) projects
- Establish and foster close contact with the PAKLIM Project and seek synergies for cooperation
- Establish networking and working contacts to other stakeholders relevant to the Nexus Project on national, level, with state agencies as well as with NGOs and the private sector
- Establish and foster close contacts with the Nexus Partner cities of Tanjungpinang and Pekanbaru
- Get to know the cross sectoral nexus infrastructure projects developed in the framework of the existing cooperation between the Nexus Project and the Indonesian Nexus Partner cities
- Support the Nexus Partner cities in promoting their projects on national level (MRWH, BAPPENAS) in order to get them approved and financed.
- Accompany the Nexus Partner cities on occasion of workshops or study tours organized by the Nexus Project
- Inform the Nexus Project on a regular basis on all kinds of development in the Nexus Partner Cities of Tanjungpinang and Pekanbaru
- Explore contacts with international donor organizations (ADB, WB, etc.) in coordination with the Nexus Project in order to seek cooperation and coordination
Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- At least Bachelor degree in an area that is related to the programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field;
- Experience in business administration and organization
- Knowledge of Global Agendas (SDGs, Climate Agreement, New Urban Agenda)
- Good knowledge of IT
- Good networking capabilities
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position preferably with GIZ or other implementing or donor organizations
- Knowledge of environmental issues
- Knowledge of urban development
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Strong managerial and organisational competence;
- Good Knowledge of English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- Good facilitation skills and communication skills;
- Able to work independently and with limited resources or support.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: July 15th, 2018
Direct Supervisor: Project Director of Integrated Resource Management in Asian cites: the Urban Nexus
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on June 22nd, 2018
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: IRMA – National Advisor
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.