GIZ – FORCLIME Project Job Vacancy: Junior Advisor on Sustainable Forest Management, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations on behalf of the German Government.
The Forests and Climate Change Program (FORCLIME) in cooperation with the sectoral Program Sustainable Agricultural Value Chains and Standards supports the Government of Indonesia in their endeavor to mitigate the effects of climate change through forestry sector reform and biodiversity conservation and as a new intervention area on the establishment of sustainable agricultural value chains to reduce deforestation, caused by agricultural commodities. Pilot activities are being supported in the district of Kapuas Hulu, where a jurisdictional sustainable value chain initiative has been initiated by the district government. The initiative is supported by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ (German International Cooperation) with the district government and the Indonesian Ministry of Forestry as the current Programme Executing Agency.
The Programme’s overall objective is to improve forest protection while enhancing the livelihoods of rural communities and establish verifiable agricultural value chains from sustainable production in Kapuas Hulu up to the final export market. To achieve this goal, the Programm team assists the Indonesian Government in designing and implementing legal, policy and institutional reforms for the conservation of forests and the development of sustainable agricultural value chains, at local, provincial and national level. The support for sustainable agricultural practices and the traceability along the value chains towards the European markets are a new feature of the Programme, providing decision-makers with valuable experience of i.e. how the ISPO process could be implemented “on the ground”.
We seek a qualified Indonesian candidate for:
Junior Advisor on Sustainable Forest Management
- Support the coordination of programme activities of the FORCLIME project (Strategic area 1 and 2) and the peat project in Kalimantan with the programme executing agency and its implementing agencies according to the objectives of the overall programme
- Assists in Knowledge Management for the overall programme, specifically in mainstreaming the results and experiences within the programme executing agency and among all involved institutions and organisations
- Independently conduct activities within the scope of the cross-cutting issue “Forest and Youth” supporting programme activities to include the youth within FORCLIME such as IFSA and other approaches.
- Support field activities within the peat project, depending on needs of the principal advisor
Professional advisory services
- Support principal advisors, technical advisors and the senior coordinator within the overall programme with their technical tasks through research, monitoring and evaluation
- Provide professional support and conduct research about the elaboration of policy recommendations and the development and implementation of forestry strategies
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of consultation processes at all levels within the context of strategic forest and peat land related planning processes on national and provincial level
- Contributes to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint programme activities and work in the context of FORCLIME and the peat project
- Coordinate and implement activities related to the topic “Forest and Youth” within the programme scope and depending on availability funding
- Support Knowledge Management Officer in FORCLIME’s and the peat project IKM system and assist with the website management
- Ensuring the information flow from Principal Advisors and Senior Coordinator to the relevant projects staff and the Ministry of Environment and Forestry
Networking and cooperation
- Support the cooperation with and maintain regular contacts with the programme executing agency and its departments, other relevant government agencies at all levels, local communities, relevant local and international organisations, non-governmental bodies and persons within the programme’s environment as well as with other projects in order to enhance and maintain good working relationships and smooth implementation of Programme activities
- Support the communication and channel information from provincial level and aspirations and exchange ideas and information for the benefit of the Programme
- Support to the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars, and other events on subjects that are related to the programme’s field of activities
- Participate in and/or provide professional inputs to workshops, seminars and other events that are related to the Programme’s field of activities
- Organise and prepare field trips of associated experts and other project visitors and conduct field visits to relevant provinces and districts in accordance with the requirements of the programme, in close consultation with the principal advisors of the programme
- Prepares documentation in English and Indonesian, including translation if required
- Prepares information, materials and other support, including research on project related topics for events or activities on behalf of the Principal Advisor.
- Participates in internal and external (team) meetings and workshops and assists with preparing and documenting these
- Assists in administrative processes of the project as needed and agreed with the Office Manager
Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the superior
- Contributes actively to a good working climate and team working within the project
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in relevant specialization and qualification in forestry (equivalent of BA or MBA)
- Associated with an organisation representing youth and forests
- Knowledge of relevant Government structures and procedures in environmental sector
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in a comparable position;
- Have a track record of internationally published paper
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge in English
- Very good working knowledge of IT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Experience in the use of social media and internet
- Good overview of forestry and climate change issues
- Willingness to acquire new knowledge as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with the Principal Advisor
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor of FORCLIME & Peatland project
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on December 31st, 2018.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: FORCLIME – JA
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter orNakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.