Food for the Hungry Membuka Lowongan Livelihood Officer Penempatan Di Medan
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
LIVELIHOOD OFFICER (JOB CODE:LO)
Based in Medan
Yayasan Fondasi Hidup (FH) Indonesia is an independent non-governmental organization based in Medan, North Sumatera and operates in North Sumatera Province and the Mentawai Islands, West Sumatera Province.FH Indonesia started working in Indonesia after the December 2004 tsunami killed 283,000 people. FH Indonesia worked with devastated communities to help them rebuild their lives and homes. In 2011, FH began a long-term development work and currently we are working to address all forms of human poverty, visible and invisible through livelihood, education, and health sectors. Our purpose is graduating communities from extreme poverty.
Livelihood Officer (JOB CODE: LO) – Based in Medan
The 2015 FH Indonesia baseline data shows that average income of the households is below IDR 10.000,-/day. Low family income directly affected the ability of a family to sourcing diverse food leading to low family nutritious dietary intake and contribute to stunting.
The goal of livelihood project of the FH Indonesia is increased food security and livelihood status among the vulnerable households. The Livelihood Officer (LO) is expected to play a fundamental role in designing and implementing the livelihood strategy by providing the means to improve access to food and secure food production among the vulnerable households in FH Indonesia’s community locations. This position also serves in contextualization and training on livelihood tools, provides technical support and mentorship to program staff, and budget development.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Design and implementation of livelihood strategy including contextualization and deliver training of the livelihood Toolkit and saving groups manual to the Community Development Facilitator (CDF).
Support the overall program strategy and development, provide technical input and guidance to the Cluster Coordinator (CC) and CDF on potential interventions, stakeholder involvement, opportunities, and limitations.
Build self-capacity with the FH Indonesia implementation model and livelihood toolkit for better understanding and alignment with the overall program strategy.
Identification, outreach and relationship building with stakeholders critical to program objectives.
Communicate closely with the program team, technical agencies, communities, and community leaders in planning and implementation of livelihood projects.
Prepare concept note, ToR, budget, and break down the annual budget and plans into monthly implementation plans.
Obtain, manage and monitor feedback from the communities and field team for use in strategy development and performance improvement; synthesize feedback for submission to the Program Manager and use in evaluation and reports.
Ensure that project activity, and outputs are implemented in a timely manner including ensure the resources allocation from procurement to the distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures.
Represent FH Indonesia in food security and livelihood sector meeting, attend training, and conduct study as assigned by the Program Manager.
To carry out any additional task related to FH Indonesia program and operation as assigned by the supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Vibrant personal and commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose.
- Ability to travel extensively (in average 70% of time) domestically and internationally.
- Ability to learn quickly, self-starter, continually improve, and solve problem.
- Ability to design and deliver assessment, focus group discussion, survey, and various training.
- Excellent people skills including warmth and sensitivity, conversational, able to relate to and effectively communicate with people from different cultures (at various levels within the organization and communities).
- Able to self-manage a diverse and dynamic set of responsibilities, proactively solve problems and / or suggest viable solutions while advancing goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated computer operating skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Google platform, and virtual technologies such as Skype, GoToMeeting and/or GoToWebinar.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan and coordinate work, ensure the efficient flow of projects and processes.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in agriculture, community development, economy, business, marketing, or banking.
- Five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervisor Responsibilities: Direct supervision of Agri Project Officer (APO) and indirect supervision of Cluster Coordinators (CC) related to the project implementation.
- Studies, understands and applies the Foundations of FH;
- Effectively and efficiently manages all resources entrusted to him/her for work purposes;
- Maintains an attitude and behavior in accordance with FH values and principles;
- Complies to all policies of FH.
Language & analysis:
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical document and training manual, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from program team, group of managers, government officials, community leaders, and the general communities.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your CV latest by Sept, 30th 2018 at the latest with a JOB CODE on email subject to: email@example.com