Fair Wear Foundation Job Vacancy: Lobby & Advocacy Specialist, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
Fair Wear Foundation – Job
Based in Jakarta
Fair Wear Foundation (FWF) is an independent, non-profit organization, based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, which works with European garment brands and factories in production countries to improve labour conditions for garment workers. FWF’s 90 member companies represent over 120 brands, and are based in several European countries. Member companies of FWF work towards improving the labour conditions in factories and workshops where the ‘cut-make-trim’ stage takes place. The basis of the collaboration between FWF and a member is the Code of Labour Practices, which consists of eight labour standards. FWF verifies whether companies comply with FWF’s Code of Labour Practices, through factory audits and a complaints procedure, through yearly brand performance checks at the member companies’ headquarters and through stakeholder consultation in production countries.
Fair Wear Foundation with its alliance partners, Dutch trade unions FNV Mondiaal and CNV Internationaal, has been selected by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs for a five year Strategic partnership (SP) starting January 2016. Indonesia is one of the priority countries under this Partnership, which aims to establish a healthy garment industry where decent labour conditions for workers, specifically women workers and /or migrant workers, are ensured, particularly with respect to freedom of association and collective bargaining, living wage and reduction of gender based violence.
Purpose of the Consultancy:
FWF is looking for an experienced lobby and advocacy specialist that will play a key role in developing FWF’s lobby agenda in Indonesia and providing support in the execution of the agenda. The key themes are Gender Based Violence, Social Dialogue and home workers in the garment industry. FWF has built and participates in several networks of trade unions, NGOs and other organisations to advance the rights of garment workers.
The specialist should
- Built a lobby agenda for change on the three themes;
- Provide advice and support to the two local FWF Country Representatives;
- Train relevant networks on the topic of lobby and advocacy;
- Support in the execution of the lobby goals
- Participate in other FWF activities if needed.
What FWF offers:
FWF offers a dynamic working environment with committed local staff team members in Indonesia. The organization has an extensive network of European brands, and international and local organisations. The organisation offers a one year contract with a fee of 161 euros per day, excluding travel costs, with a maximum amount of 40 days per year.
Required expertise and knowledge:
- A master’s degree in law, political sciences, social sciences or equivalent;
- At least 10 years of experience in lobby and advocacy, preferably related to human rights, labour laws and/or the garment industry;
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to human rights, labour law and the garment industry;
- A relevant network that can support the execution of the goals;
- Experienced at creating lobby plans with clear goals, strategy and indicators.
- Experienced at writing policy and advocacy papers
Expert knowledge in at least two of the following fields:
- Labor Rights
- Gender Based Violence
- Social Dialogue
- Planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent lobby and advocacy skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Good computer skills
- Speak and write Bahasa and English fluently.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application in English, including letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae by e-mail to Ms Amalia Alam, Country Representative at email@example.com. Submission deadline is 8 March 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.