DAI International Job Vacancy: Communication Specialist, Jakarta
The USAID Jalin Project (hereafter referred to as “Jalin” or the “Project”) is a five-year initiative implemented by DAI Global, LLC and its consortium of partners – IntraHealth, Vital Strategies, and Market Share Associates – to work with USAID to facilitate and support partnerships through a co-creation process that brings together a diverse range of public and private sector actors to leverage domestic resources, increase the pace at which reliable local evidence is made widely available and utilized to design and implement local maternal and newborn health solutions.
Jalin will contribute to a maternal and newborn health movement in Indonesia that: (a) brings together actors, including those traditionally outside the health system, to use local evidence and global best practices to co-create, test and adapt local solutions; (b) addresses evidence gaps by identifying where and why maternal and newborn deaths are happening and uses that information to co-define and create local solutions; (c) engages the public and private sectors to co-finance scalable local solutions to support partnerships and ensure that the poor and vulnerable have access to essential services; (d) catalyzes new and existing partnerships, local solutions and co-investment through a whole-of-market approach across the projects areas of technical focus; and (e) fosters a culture of learning and adaptation.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Communication Specialist is based in Jakarta and reports directly to the Chief of Party while leading all communication strategies. S/he works closely with all Jalin staff to draft communication materials and effectively communicate Jalin approaches, activities, outputs, and impacts with USAID, the Government of Indonesia, and other audiences. Specific responsibilities of the Communication Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Design, execute, and refine Jalin’s communication strategy to support an evidenced-based maternal and newborn health movement in Indonesia.
- Support all Jalin staff as they engage and develop partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Document and effectively communicate partnership activities, including participatory design and co-investment in local solutions.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of technical assistance to partners.
- Ensure all communication materials and reporting complies with the Jalin Branding and Marking Plan.
- Contribute to drafting all periodic and ad-hoc reporting requirements and presentations and ensure they comply with the Jalin branding and marking standards.
- Contribute significantly to the preparation and implementation of national and subnational events.
- Manage all external media relations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party that are consistent with the overall focus of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, marketing, or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of related experience and demonstrated ability to design communication strategies and products, and manage media outreach activities.
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external audiences through traditional and new media outlets.
- Experience using both qualitative and quantitative methods for communications, such as media content analyses, stakeholder and issues mappings, market assessments, perception/stakeholder audits, and communications audits.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing media relations
- Demonstrated experience drafting high-quality project reports press releases
- Demonstrated experience organizing and managing public events, such as press conferences, workshops, and meetings with high visibility.
- Experience working with media and government, private sector, nongovernmental organizations, donors, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Experience working in political campaigns, advocacy campaigns, private sector, marketing a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Interested and qualified applicants could send the cover letter and CV at the latest on May 10, 2018 to [email protected] with “Communication Specialist” in the subject line and specify their availability date in the CV.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Lowongan Kerja ini diunggah oleh advocacy
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag