CWS International Job Vacancy: Operation Officer, Makassar – Sulawesi
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
CWS Indonesia is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
CWS is currently implementing an Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Program in Central Sulawesi prioritizing on WASH , Shelter, Non Food Item (NFI) Distribution, protection (including Child Protection).
CWS is now looking to fill the following vacancy:
Operation Officer, Makassar based – 1 person
JOB SUMMARY: The Operation Officer position is required to do procurement of goods and services as required by programs and procurement of office equipments, warehouse management, and distribution of program materials and other materials from Makassar to Palu and in project sites in Central Sulawesi. The Operation Officer will also assist other operation activities including but not limited to fleet management, asset management, and office building management. The Operation Officer will also assist other programs/projects of the organization including emergency programs as needed. The Operation Officer should report to the Program Manager and Operation Director for all types of reporting and communication concerning the project. The position also requires coordination / communication with local counterparts and CWS Program staff, Finance and other Operation staff. It also requires administration and documentation skills. Travel for monitoring is required. Knowledge about procurement, processing shipment documents (including clearance), discharging, delivering, storing, and maintaining commodities is desirable. An understanding of development and social issue within Indonesia context is highly desirable.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Be responsible for procurement of program and office needs.
- To comply with CWS Indonesia procurement system and procedure when processing the procurement based on approved purchase requests.
- To prepare contracts with third parties when applicable.
- To arrange the procurement of program materials and office equipments.
- Logistics Management
- Manage all program materials movement, including secure warehousing, inventories, delivery, and distribution of program materials.
- Negotiate and verify adherence to conditions and terms of the program materials transport contracts, warehouse contracts, and other contracts that are related to logistic activities.
- Ensure that warehouse is adequate, well-maintained, and meet basic safety and health requirements
- Check for the quality and quantity of the program materials delivered by suppliers.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and reports on program materials movements (including beneficiary registration) and problems encountered and their resolution.
- Responsible for program materials distribution to project sites based on CWS and Donor’s regulations.
- Represent organization to customs, shipping, trucking companies, and vendors in positive and professional manner
Distribution of commodities to project sites
- Ensure safe distribution of program materials from Makassar to the field.
- Review bids submitted by trucking companies/shipping companies to deliver program materials.
- Prepare contracts for trucking companies/shipping companies to deliver program materials to project sites.
- Answer telephone and relay messages for office staff;
- To be responsible for the recording and filing of official documents and mails,
- Greet and provide hospitality to office guests;
- Arrange for domestic and international travel of staff and CWS guests;
- Maintain an updated phone tree of Central Sulawesi office.
- Inventory & Assets
- To be responsible for maintaining the records of all assets and inventories of CWS Indonesia used in Central Sulawesi Office.
- To be responsible for maintaining stock cards of program materials if applicable.
- Be responsible for the insurance of CWS Assets including car, motorcycle, and office equipment.
- Ensure the validity of the insurance period.
- Arranging the use of cars to support the smooth operation of program activities, including the official needs of cars by finance and admin staff.
- Monitor the use of gasoline and ensure that cars are maintained and repaired appropriately and are in good conditions for travelling.
- Office Building and Equipment Repair, Maintenance and Service
- Arrange the repair and maintenance of the office building including all facilities provided by the office (such as: Air Conditioners, Telephone, Toilets, Bulbs, Generator Set, etc).
- Maintain good relationship with the Landlord and coordinate any repair and maintenance of the building with the Landlord, as well as any payments such as Land and Building Tax.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the office cleanliness and healthy environment and efficiency.
Documentation and report writing
- Provide information, data and report timely as requested
- Ensure that logistics program and documentation reports are filed properly
- Check warehouse stock inventory regularly
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensure that all logistic document has already in the right order
- Ensure that all logistics report including distribution report are done properly
- Help train field staff in logistics aspects
- Maintain personnel administration which includes but not limited to attendance records, leave records, medical records.
- To pay tax to the Tax Office when needed.
- To prepare overtime calculation of support staff every end of the month.
- To do other tasks as requested by the Program Manager and the Operation Director
- Hold minimum degree in Economics, or business administration or any other social science field. Minimum two years of experience working in related administration field.
- Proven track record in logistic system.
- Proven experience in logistics and procurement matters.
- Experience in managing meetings, workshops, traveling and scheduling.
- Experience in managing different office and organization properties.
- Experience working in INGO or International environment would be beneficial.
- Ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders (NGO networks, government institutions, Donors, suppliers, and beneficiaries).
- Demonstrate high level of ethical commitment and trustworthiness.
- Ability to work in a team and or/independently with minimum supervision and to handle multi tasking jobs
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess computer skills, including internet-based communication/ and various office applications (Microsoft Words, Excel, and Power Point)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in both spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload
- Willing to work extra hours in stressful and emergency situation
- Willing to travel to project sites frequently
How to Apply
Applications should include a cover letter, reflecting motivation; a CV, including two references; expected gross salary and contact number, the latest on 24th October 2018. Please send applications in MS Word format (maximum 200KB) to firstname.lastname@example.org