Childfund International Job Vacancy: Child Development Officer, Jakarta
ChildFund is an international child focused development agency working in 33 countries to create lasting and meaningful change in the lives of more than 10.5 million vulnerable, deprived and excluded children, families and communities, regardless of race, creed, gender or national origin. In Indonesia ChildFund has been operating for 34 years since 1973, in areas where the need is the greatest and currently reaches out to 900,000 children and family members in partnership with 50 local NGOs spread across 8 provinces.
ChildFund Indonesia is currently seeking:
Position: Child Development Officer
Reporting to: Child Development Specialist
Based in: Jakarta
Duration: One-year contract with possibility extension based on performance and project duration.
- Oversees local partners (LP) programs specific to early childhood developments (ECD)as well as mother and child health (MCH)activities.
- Close coordination with Area program officers to monitor the implementation of ECD and MCH programs, ensuring goals and objectives are achieved.
- Identifies the challenges faced by Local Partners n implementing the ECD program, and with guidance from Child Development Specialist, addresses the challenges to ensure the challenges don’t affect program implementation.
- Provides technical resources for mother and child health issues, in regard to services and care of expectant mother, birth mother, nursing mother (breastfeeding early initiation, exclusive breastfeeding, 2 years breastfeeding), infant, toddler, and young child as well as nutrition aspects and family resilient.
- Provides technical resources for early stimulation and education refer to Early Childhood education 2013 curricula (Permendikbud no 146, 2014).
- Provides technical resources for the rollout/refreshing parenting training to local partners areas as well as to the area of collaboration with Ministry social affairs.
- Liaises with other child focused organizations for the development of best practices.
- Participates and represent ChildFund Indonesia, as required by ChildFund Indonesia, in the area of child development.
- Participates in key donor engagements and technical working forums at zonal, region and National level when applicable.
- Support the roll out of program priorities for children 6 to 14 years old based on the guidance from Child Development Specialist.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience.
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrated experience as trainer/facilitators for ECD and MCH related program to community level.
- Demonstrated a bit knowledge and experiences relevant to education or psychosocial program for children age 6 – 14 years old.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a team player.
- Ability to work sensitively with people from a variety of social backgrounds.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English including strong analytical and report-writing capability.
- Strong experience in networking, community mobilization and assisting local partners.
- Must be able to travel to program locations; where applicable.
Bachelor’s degree preferred to psychology, early childhood education, community health and/or equivalent relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
This position is opened for Indonesian national only.
APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE