Change Indonesia Job Vacancy: Content Campaigner, Jakarta
Classification Level: Middle Staff
Reports to: Campaigns Manager
Number of Direct Reports: 1
As digital content becomes more and more important in campaign, the role of the Content Campaigner is critical to support the team in executing campaigns.
Its main responsibility is to help our users tell their stories effectively, through content, whether graphic or video to increase the impact of the campaigns. Creating and editing content is part of the job, but so is understanding the issue, listening to our petition starters, capturing stories with a camera, writing stories or storylines, all the way to monitoring results of the content once published.
Change.org Indonesia is a non-profit partner of the Change.org Foundation. Our organization helps users across Indonesia to use Change.org tools to forward their cause and bring about real changes in their communities. The causes ranges from environmental, anti-corruption, human rights, and many others, from the national level to the very local.
Since we first started in Indonesia in 2012, our users have grown from a mere 8 thousand users to 7.6 million users. In that time, the same users have used Change.org tools in important fights from saving forests, protecting our democracy, and fighting injustice.
To serve those 7 million users, we are currently a 7 person team in the office. That’s why we serve passionately in our work, but also take fun seriously. We are also a part of a global network of Change.org teams around the world.
Along with Campaigner, Content Campaigners help petition starters and organizations tell stories through content. Contents will vary from an email text, a meme, an e-poster, a video, and others. This includes:
- Brainstorming with campaigners on powerful content ideas to communicate particular campaign. From developing key messages, illustrations, scripts, and others.
- Executing the sourcing of pictures or footages whether purchased online or directly capturing it.
- Create and editing compelling content with great clarity which is tailored according to corresponding social media channels.
- Publishing contents through the appropriate online channels, and learn from its performance.
- Internal: Campaigners, Campaigns Manager, Project Director, Country team, Regional & Global Team
- External: Petition starters, civil society organizations, and relevant partners
- University Degree in Graphic Design, Broadcast, Communication or equivalent experience (preferred)
- 3 years’ experience in creating digital content (required)
- Advanced graphic design skills & well versed in tools – Adobe photoshop (required)
- Advanced skills in video editing and tools such as Adobe Premiere (required)
- Basic photography and video recording skills (required)
- Basic interviewing skills (required)
- Basic copywriting skills (required)
- Basic online campaigning skills (required)
- Fluent spoken English (required)
- Fluent written English (preferred)
- High initiative, result oriented, self motivated, adaptive, analytical, creative, and a respect for diversity.
If you are interested in applying and feel that you are suitable for the role, please apply latest on 28 April 2019 (23:59 WIB) to email@example.com