Centre For Energy Research Asia Job Vacancy: Graphic Design Specialist, Jakarta – Indonesian
An established campaigning organisation based in Jakarta is seeking a Graphic Design Specialist to work on an exciting and fast-paced project in the lead up the 2019 Presidential Elections. The successful candidate would join a team of highly experienced communication and advocacy professionals working in the field of renewable energy.
About the role
The role of Graphic Design Specialist will contribute to the planning and lead the implementation of a digitally-focused campaign aimed to get more people to care about air, water pollution, and other issues affecting the environment.
- Digital content creation.
- Plan and produce digital content for use on websites and social media channels.
- Develop templates for partner organisations to use in their work.
- Work with other communication staff to identify design needs and translate ideas into design products.
- Ability to work with colleagues to turn complex data into easily understandable design products.
- Print design
- Design and layout for print products including flyers, fact sheets, reports, letters, banners, and more.
- Organisation and quality control
- Maintain a library of assets on behalf of the campaign.
- Ensure quality of all branded materials.
- Occasionally manage external suppliers as required such as printers.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite of similar.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of print production processes.
Experience and skills profiles
- 1-2 years experience in a graphic design position.
- Keen interest in and familiarity with the Indonesian political system.
- Love using social media and understand how organisations can use it influence public debate.
- Keen interest and understand of public attitudes towards environmental issues like climate change, air pollution, transportation, consumption and more.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team of communication professionals.
- Able to quickly prioritise work as new opportunities arise.
In return, you’ll work for a super fun team on a meaningful campaign that is working to make a brighter future for all Indonesians. You’ll have heaps of fun along the way and work with some incredible individuals too from Indonesia and across Southeast Asia.
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia, but flexible working arrangements are possible.
Contract period: December 2018 through to May 2019.
Contract type: temporary full time.
Salary: To be discussed.
CV send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by Wednesday, 28 Nov 2018.
Please note this position has been explicitly funded by a donor