CBM International Job Vacancy: Senior Programme Humanitarian Officer, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia (with frequent travels to Palu, Yogyakarta, Makassar or other affected districts in Sulawesi)
Contract Duration: 12 months
Contract Type: full time
Contract Start: As soon as possible
Reporting line: Programme Manager
CBM is an international development organisation whose primary purpose is to improve the quality of life of the world’s poorest persons with disabilities and those at risk of disability. CBM works with partner organisations in low income countries to both develop and ensure that persons with disabilities and their families have ready access to affordable and comprehensive health care and rehabilitation programmes, quality education programmes and livelihood opportunities. Working with persons with disabilities, CBM advocates for their inclusion in all aspects of society, and for the inclusion of disability in international cooperation.
CBM has been present in Indonesia since 2003, having a country office in Jakarta. CBM works with 19 local partners in 11 provinces. To respond to the Earthquake and Tsunami caused disasters in Central Sulawesi, CBM proposes an ‘inclusive humanitarian response’ that demonstrates a successful example of change and contributes to best practice knowledge on disability inclusion in humanitarian action. Partnering with local actors – YAKKUM Emergency Unit and DPOs – the response will target beneficiaries in Palu and Sigi as well as the humanitarian actors and coordination structures leading the response.
The strategy will include provision of inclusive healthcare and rehabilitation services to affected population and support to mainstream humanitarian actors to make the humanitarian assistance inclusive for persons with disabilities. This will be done through technical support (in the coordination and implementation levels) to partners linked to clusters (protection and health) where trial-by-error and sharing of successes is encouraged. Strengthening of the inclusion metrics (including disability, age and gender) in real time data analysis to facilitate change, and the resources will complement the existing humanitarian response; supporting commitment to inclusion, mainstreaming and ensure that inclusion is seen as the responsibility of all humanitarian agencies and not just of organisations representing specific groups.
CBM will have a support team of four people in Jakarta & Palu. The team will comprise of Senior Programme Officer – Humanitarian (1), Project Finance/Admin Officer – Humanitarian (1) and Humanitarian Inclusion Advisor (2).
Reporting line: Programme Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- To support Partner Organisations to implement and monitor a coherent, inclusive and qualitative emergency response in Indonesia
- To support continuous refining of CBM’s response strategy, reflecting context evolution, funding available, relevance and added value.
- Develop and ensure proper monitoring system following CBM and donor compliance and requirements.
- To facilitate regular monitoring of the response and readjustment of the strategy if required.
- To ensure that accountability mechanisms (humanitarian standards) are in place.
- To provide management support to the Humanitarian Project Finance Officer in order to ensure proper financial management of the project.
- To develop contacts and partnerships with humanitarian organisations in Indonesia for mainstreaming disability into relief, recovery and rehabilitation efforts in Sulawesi and elsewhere in Indonesia
- To provide management support to the Humanitarian Inclusion Advisor to promote disability inclusive humanitarian action at national and provincial level, in close coordination and collaboration with relevant government authorities, partners including Disabled People’s Organisations – DPOs, coordination mechanisms and humanitarian actors.
- To contribute to the development of the post emergency plans appropriate and seek to secure institutional funding in country or elsewhere.
- With support from CBM Emergency Response Unit Communications Coordinator, ensure timely development of communication materials
- To develop situational reports for Emergency Management Team – EMT Indonesia and participate to the monthly EMT calls to allow EMT to play a role of providing strategic and management oversight to the humanitarian response
- To develop donor reports as per requirements
- To lead the internal learning process and support mid-term and end term project evaluation
- To support the evaluation exercise of current country plan and support development of next country plan (2020 – 2024) with a clear and systematic humanitarian assistance engagement.
Professional and Personal Profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science, international development, humanitarian assistance, disaster risk management or any other relevant area
- Proven experience in humanitarian program management (five to seven years)
- Proven experience in disaster risk management
- Proven experience working in complex humanitarian context
- Proven experience working with national and local partners, Indonesian government and other international stakeholders (UN, INGOs)
Personal Profile & Competencies:
- Technical expertise in humanitarian program management
- Understanding of disability or other at risk groups in both humanitarian and DRR context
- Analytical and forward thinking
- Personal credibility
- Attention to communication
- Building collaborative relationships
- Providing motivational support
- Result orientation
- Knowledge of humanitarian system and DRR framework
- Very good knowledge of both English and Bahasa Indonesia (verbal and written)
- Willingness to travel and work long hours when necessary
- Commits to CBM’s Child Safe Guarding Policy
CBM is a child-safe organization. The future job holder adheres to CBM’s staff commitments and CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy; he or she must be able to provide a certificate of good conduct or equivalent.
CBM encourages all people with disabilities including psychosocial to apply for this position
Candidates are invited to submit their updated CV, cover letter outlining how the applicant fits the position requirements, salary expectations; please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format: <PALU><Code><Your Name>to Indonesia.Recruitment@cbm.org Applications not fulfilling these requirements will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Deadline for applications is 19 October 2018.