CBM International Job Vacancy: Programme Officer – Inclusive Eye Health, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
CBM is an international development organisation whose primary purpose is to improve the quality of life of the world’s poorest persons with disabilities and those at risk of disability. CBM works with partner organisations in low-income countries to develop and ensure that persons with disabilities and their families have ready access to affordable and comprehensive health care and rehabilitation programmes, quality education programmes and livelihood opportunities. Working with persons with disabilities, CBM advocates for their inclusion in all aspects of society, and for the inclusion of disability in international cooperation.
Working as a member of programme team and reporting to the Senior Programme Officer – Inclusive Eye Health (IEH), the job holder contributes to the implementation of CBM’s country plan through performing daily management and development of current partnerships and projects in the IEH sector, especially cataract and low vision. This also involves providing input and recommendations on good development and good disability practice when necessary, in compliance with Regional/Country Office standard working procedures
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review annual budget applications from partners and make initial recommendations for review by the Senior Programme Officer and senior management and submission to CBM RO
- Monitor and coordinate transfers of funds or goods to partners and ensure that they are duly acknowledged in a timely fashion
- Remind partners to request project grants in due time and with proper documentation
- Work with partners to ensure that reasons for any proviso (temporary project hold) are removed as soon as possible
- Evaluate the financial statements in coordination with Finance Officer
Partner/ Project Management
- Transform the relationship between partners and CBM from ‘Donor recipient’ to ‘Partners in development’
- Ensure compliance to CBM accountability and programme quality standards for good development practice
- Promote access to and inclusion of all people with disabilities to CBM-supported projects
- Ensure that partners comply with CBM regulations and guidelines for submission of reports and information
- Conduct periodic project reviews to monitor implementation against project plans and evaluate success (outcome, impact, cost-benefit, cost-effectiveness)
- Maintain proper documentation of monitoring data
- Coordinate CBM project visits with partner organisations, prepare logistics/ necessary project documents and complete project visit reports
- Ensure good practice case studies/ lessons learned from projects are adequately documented and shared
- Work with partners and other stakeholders to ensure the promotion and long-term sustainability of CBM-supported projects
- Liaise with government officials, NGOs, and other stakeholders regarding project activities when required
- Liaise with consultants, CBM RO and Member Associations involved in specific projects when required
- Identify needs and implement capacity development activities with CBM partners when required
Other Programme-Related Tasks
- Provide input in the partner and project selection process
- Develop multi-year project plans and proposals for institutional donors when required
- Represent CBM to external stakeholders in related meetings, lectures, seminars when required
- Support the development and timely upkeep of the operations manual on programme management and manual for CBM partners
Educational Qualification and Work Experience:
Educational Qualification and Work Experience:
- Relevant academic degree or further qualification
- At least two years’ professional experience in planning, managing and evaluating international development programmes with government, NGOs, and other development organizations
- Good knowledge and understanding of international development work and understanding of inclusive Project Cycle Management (iPCM)
- Good understanding in budget management
- Experience and understanding of Inclusive Eye Health (principles, needs, approaches, challenges) will be advantage.
- Good understanding of all widely followed programming principles and priorities
- Good understanding of CBM’s programming and budgeting system and procedures, including project progress reporting.
- Previous experience of working with people with disabilities is a significant advantage
Other Competencies and Skills Requirements:
- Good inter-personal skills
- University degree plus minimum 3 years of professional experience related to the Inclusive Eye Health program areas and/or responsibilities under this position.
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English
- Ability to analyse verbal and written information and provide recommendations
- Ability to represent CBM diplomatically to partners and other stakeholders
- Team player with intercultural competence and sensitivity
- Can plan, organise, coordinate and manage resources well
- Can handle assigned tasks independently with minimum supervision
- Proactive, involved and dedicated
- Flexible, resourceful and actively responds to different circumstances
- Willingness to travel and work long hours when necessary
- Commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy
CBM is a child-safe organization. The future job holder adheres to CBM’s staff commitments and CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy; he or she must be able to provide a certificate of good conduct or equivalent.
CBM encourages people with disabilities to apply for this position
Candidates are invited to submit their CV, cover letter outlining how they fit the position requirements, latest salary and salary expectations in a pdf file to Indonesia.Recruitment@cbm.org.
Applications not fulfilling these requirements will not be considered. Deadline for applications is 17 Sept. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Interviews will be held between 1 – 3 October 2018 to join CBM Country Office on 1 November 2018.