CBM International Job Vacancy: Programme Manager, Jakarta – Indonesian
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia (with frequent travels to provinces in Indonesia)
Contract Duration: Permanent
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Start: As soon as possible
Reporting line: Country Director
CBM is an international development organisation whose primary purpose is to improve the quality of life of the world’s poorest persons with disabilities and those at risk of disability. CBM works with partner organisations in low income countries to both develop and ensure that persons with disabilities and their families have ready access to affordable and comprehensive health care and rehabilitation programmes, quality education programmes and livelihood opportunities. Working with persons with disabilities, CBM advocates for their inclusion in all aspects of society, and for the inclusion of disability in international cooperation.
Main objective of the position
The Programme Manager will manage the delivery of CBM’s Disability and Inclusive Development work in Indonesia. They will be responsible and accountable for leading the development and effective implementation of CBM’s country plan and its operational requirements within Indonesia, ensuring high quality performance and alignment with CBM’s federation strategy. The Programme Manager takes responsibility for strong financial discipline within the Country Office and for ensuring with partners that they are meeting and fulfilling CBM’s programmatic, operational and financial requirements.
The Programme Manager identifies programme opportunities and areas where the organisation can demonstrate its value and relevance. The Programme Manager promotes the CBM vision and country plan to external stakeholders. This includes developing effective relations with other organisations, representing CBM to partners, local and national governments, other development organisations and voluntary agencies, as well as in-country media, donor agencies and local communities to influence the country’s development agenda towards inclusion and poverty alleviation. The Programme Manager foster the development of a high quality CBM team in Indonesia.
We are looking for someone who will…
- Provide programmatic leadership in the development and implementation of the Country Plan, aligned with the Federation strategy
- Identify project opportunities and the funding, seeks for suitable organisations for new partnerships and manage relationships with existing CBM partners
- Promote the organisation and its mission to local partners and authorities
- Actively support partners to develop and deliver quality projects and programmes in line with need and capacity, and with Country Plan objectives
We are looking for someone who has…
- A passion to make a difference for improving the life of people with disabilities
- Relevant academic degree (technical area, social sciences, international development)
- Professional experience of at least 5 years at a senior management level in a national or international NGO with a track record in successfully designing and managing large inclusive development and/or humanitarian programmes in collaboration with national partners.
- Proven experience in the programmatic and financial management of large project portfolios
- Experience in working with various government/bi-lateral/major institutional donors.
- Experience in the field of social inclusion with disability or inclusion would be a plus
- Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and programme finance management.
- Proven skills in people and team management and coaching, with a focus on capacity development and performance management.
- Proven experience in building and managing effective partnerships
- Expertise in English and Indonesian language skills (both written and spoken)
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and will commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages people with disabilities, including psychosocial disability to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please see Here. If you feel that this position would be a good fit for your skills and experience, we would like to hear from you.
Please send your CV, cover letter, expected salary to this address: ARHrecruitment@cbm.org
Applications not fulfilling these requirements will not be considered. Only short-listed
candidates will be notified.
Application deadline: 2 November 2018