CBM International Job Vacancy: Finance Officer, Jakarta – Indonesian
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Contract Duration: Permanent with 3 (three) months’ probation period.
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Start: As soon as possible
Reporting line: Senior Finance Officer
CBM is an international development organisation whose primary purpose is to improve the quality of life of the world’s poorest persons with disabilities and those at risk of disability. CBM works with partner organisations in low income countries to both develop and ensure that persons with disabilities and their families have ready access to affordable and comprehensive health care and rehabilitation programmes, quality education programmes and livelihood opportunities. Working with persons with disabilities, CBM advocates for their inclusion in all aspects of society, and for the inclusion of disability in international cooperation.
Main objective of the position
The Finance Officer will provide technical and administrative support to CBM Indonesia Country Office (CO)’s finance and accounting system to ensure consistent application of accounting and finance principles and standards, observing internal controls designed by management, compliance with regulatory requirements and Indonesian tax policies and procedures. The finance officer also provides support to reviewing fund requests and financial reports of CBM-supported projects, and occasionally conducts financial audits of projects.
We are looking for someone who will
- Administering the CO’s bank payments, accounting system and ensuring consistent application of accounting principles and standards, observing internal controls designed by management, compliance with regulatory requirements, tax policies and procedures.
- Administering financial data collection, recording and reporting within CO’s office in order to enhance rate of compliance to CBM standards.
- Actively supporting capacity development of partners and the Country Office team in line with need to render training on CBM compliances (reporting formats) as necessary.
- Identifying track of financial compliances to identify ways to promote efficiency and accountability throughout optimization of CBM procedures and compliances
- Providing support in the preparations for external and internal audits and provide necessary financial information to auditors and visitors from the regional office as may be required and following approval.
- Providing support all projects and programmes in line with need and with Country Plan objectives in financial regards.
We are looking for someone who has
- A passion to make a difference for improving the life of people with disabilities
- Relevant academic degree (Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and Management)
- Professional qualifications in accounting would be an advantages
- Professional experience of at least 5 years particularly in similar field with international NGOs or international development organizations.
- Self-discipline with regard to results delivery and financial acumen.
- Ability to develop and maintain accounting systems which handle large amounts of information, including financial reports
- Acknowledge on Indonesian tax regulation for non-profit organization is advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- A demonstrated ability to work independently is considered and essential requirement.
- High degree of integrity and accountability
- Ability to handle sensitive and keep confidential information
- Commitment to CBM’s mission and vision
- Good English and Indonesian language skills (both written and spoken)
CBM encourages all people with disabilities including with psychosocial disability to apply for this position
Lived experience of disability is advantageous for anyone working for CBM and we always welcome applications from persons with a disability. If you would benefit from accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will make every effort to be of assistance.
CBM is a child-safe organization. The future job holder adheres to CBM’s staff commitments and CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy; s/he must be able to provide a certificate of good conduct or equivalent.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why s/he wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectation to Indonesia.Recruitment@cbm.org with subject: FO_<Your Name>.
Applications not fulfilling these requirements will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Deadline for applications is 23 April 2019