Care International Job Vacancy: Emergency Field Manager, Palu – Central Sulawesi
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
CARE Indonesia is currently recruiting!
Emergency Field Manager
The Emergency Field Manager leads and manages the emergency team in Palu and is the interface between the Emergency Team Palu and the Emergency Response Team Leader in Jakarta. The Emergency Field Manager is responsible for the quality and effectiveness of CARE’s emergency response on the ground in Sulawesi. He/she is the leader of the Emergency Response Team in Palu, and is responsible and accountable for coordinating and managing all emergency activities. The Emergency Field manager has overall responsibility for the security and well-being of emergency staff in the field.
Responsibilities and Tasks
General management and Leadership (30% of time spent)
- Ensure all emergency staff are fully briefed on all aspects of security, social and cultural norms and local conditions and behaviour.
- Create the conditions to ensure effective teamwork and morale. Ensure staff well being is addressed.
- Ensure the Emergency Response Team Leader in Jakarta is kept informed about assessment progress, emergency response implementation, project plans, progress reports, and other significant developments.
- Promote a productive work environment respectful of the Code of Conduct with zero tolerance for verbal and physical abuse or discrimination against other persons on the grounds of race, colour, sex or creed.
- Ensure the effective management, maintenance, security and legitimate usage of all project facilities, vehicles, personnel and equipment.
Program, Design, Implementation and Monitoring (25% of time spent)
- Assist staff to meet all donor, relevant CI members and CARE International reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Maintain ongoing surveillance of the developing humanitarian emergency and adjust activities accordingly.
- Ensure adequate monitoring, reporting and acquittal of emergency response activities in accordance with CARE International’s humanitarian accountability framework, relevant SPHERE standards, and essential environmental mitigation measures.
- Ensure that different sectoral activities are implemented in a coordinated and integrated manner.
- Support the design of new program interventions and contribute to program development activities.
- Provide technical assistance, support and mentoring to project staff as required.
- Assist staff with reporting, donor compliance, adherence to quality standards and capacity building.
- Ensure weekly team and staff plans are developed, team meetings organised and actions executed.
Personnel management (25% of time spent)
- Ensure that all staff clearly understand their roles and responsibilities. On the basis of their job descriptions, monitor staff performance and provide constructive feedback to staff in line with CARE CO Performance management procedures.
- Conduct performance appraisals of emergency staff if and as required, ensure regular feedback and mentoring on individual performance.
- Ensure that staff participate in the development of project weekly/monthly work plans.
- At all times, ensure the safety and security of all Project staff in line with CARE COs policies and procedures.
- Ensure coaching, training and guiding project staff in all aspects of project implementation.
- Ensure all emergency personnel understand and carry out their duties in accordance with humanitarian principles, core values, the Code of Conduct and SPHERE.
- Ensure coordination and information sharing between Program Manager, Program Support staff and Sector Specialists.
Government liaison and external relations (20% of time spent)
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with other NGO’s, UN agencies, authorities and other principle stakeholders on the ground in Palu
- Comply with host government priorities and policies where these complement (are consistent) with the CARE CO Mission and Vision as well as with donor contractual obligations and the need to ensure project quality.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen relations with other agencies working in the same geographic or technical area.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience project management and leading teams within an INGO or related environment, an expectation of at least 2 years applied in-country.
- Solid emergency response experience in scaling up an emergency response.
- Ability to develop and foster external organizational relationships and applied representation skills.
- Readiness to work with people of all backgrounds without bias.
- Ability to coach and mentor staff in a cross cultural environment.
- Commitment to uphold CARE International Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy
- Advanced written and spoken English Language skills.
- Fluency in Bahasa
- Current ability to work in Indonesia
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please apply as soon as possible at CLICK HERE with a resume in English. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Closing Date: 23 November 2018