CARE Indonesia Job Vacancy: Technical Advisor, WASH – Jakarta, Indonesia
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
CARE Indonesia is currently recruiting:
Technical Advisor, WASH
- Provide water, sanitation and hygiene sectoral leadership and expertise in the assessment.
- Conduct initial rapid assessment of current situation in collaboration with local health workers and affected population; determine priorities and immediate activities and resources i.e. more detailed assessment versus need to address immediate WASH problems.
- Represent CARE to stakeholders and Governmental and non-Governmental agencies for the purposes of the WASH aspect of the assessment.
- Assess in-country resources, human, material and financial for response with relevant staff and agencies.
- Define aims and objectives of the overall WASH program.
- Select and design water systems including source selection (ground water, surface water), abstraction, storage, treatment and distribution for new systems and/or the rehabilitation of old systems.
- Select and design the most appropriate form of sanitation system (to include excreta disposal, vector control, solid waste disposal, drainage) taking full account of local conditions, resources, customs and cultural norms.
- Select and design, in collaboration with other actors, a suitable hygiene promotion strategy.
- Ensure that issues of protection, gender, livelihoods, DRR and environmental impact, operation and maintenance and sustainability are factored into the program design.
- Ensure Sphere standards both qualitative and quantitative are considered and any departures documented.
- Develop letters of intent, concept papers, budgets and proposals in respect of the above.
Response Management and Implementation:
- Plan and manage WASH program in a phased and prioritised manner with full consultation and co-ordination with CARE staff and other agencies both governmental and non-governmental.
- Ensure gender is fully considered throughout the project cycle with women being enabled to influence decision- making around WASH issues.
- Organise with the Logistics Team materials and support needed for all activities.
- Design and develop appropriate supervisory, monitoring and evaluation systems for WASH interventions.
Information and Co-ordination:
- Provide regular updates to Team Leader and team members on progress, priorities and constraints – verbally and in writing.
- Represent CARE to governmental and non-governmental groups as needed and agreed with the Team Leader.
- Represent CARE in WASH Cluster activities.
- 5 years humanitarian / emergency response experience in the WASH sector.
- Environmental health engineering or relevant WASH specialisations (level of academic training needed will vary according to situation, wide technical experience will be necessary).
- Hydrology, hydrogeology, water quality and testing
- Construction – including supervision.
- High level of awareness of environmental health issues as applied to emergency settings, with special attention to the needs of women and children.
- Commitment to uphold CARE International Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy
- Fluency in Bahasa and intermediate written and spoken English Language skills.
- Current ability to work in Indonesia
Please APPLY HERE as soon as possible with a resume in English.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.