CARE Canada Job Vacancy: Humanitarian Director, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
CARE Canada is currently seeking a Humanitarian Director to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
This role is a senior leadership position in CARE Indonesia (CII). The overall purpose of this role is to ensure that CARE Indonesia’s humanitarian and recovery programs are of high quality in all aspects, including humanitarian standards, efficiency, effectiveness, compliance and impact. The programme is a partnerled response, serving a target of circa 100,000 people, with a US$5-6 million budget, over 20 staff, with several partnerships. The current strategy is to try and substantially increase the quality, scale and reach, with particular focus on achieving CARE’s gender in emergency targets.
This role is part of the CII leadership team, responsible for executing a clear strategy to develop CII into a viable Southern Member with clear impact and positioning in the Indonesian market, and this role in particular will focus on ensuring that CII has appropriate and effective humanitarian capacity and partnerships to respond to emergencies throughout the country.
- Promote and maintain an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.
- Create an environment within CARE’s workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works, that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and child abuse (SHEA-CA).
- Ensure high standards of prevention and response measures for SHEA-CA are in place consistent with the CARE International (CI) Policy on PSEA-CP and CI Performance Standards.
What you offer:
- You have a Bachelor degree in a related field
- You have minimum 7 – 10 years experience in development/ humanitarian relief, managing large scale portfolios, programs and teams and experience in complex environments
- You have advanced managerial experience, including complex portfolios and multi-million dollar budgets
- You have experience in complex decision making and leading a multi-disciplinary, multi national team under difficult circumstances.
- You have a high level of expertise in representation and negotiation with governments and donors.
- You have a strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operating context, including Sphere, the humanitarian system, donors, security, civil military liaison and program management.
- You have a proven experience of successful resource mobilization, coordination, organizational positioning.
- You have strong project cycle management skills: assessments, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and strategic planning skills.
- You have a good knowledge of emergency donor policies and procedures
- You have a strong commitment to accountability, social justice, promoting gender awareness and equality
- You have demonstrated administrative, financial, and personnel management capacities
What would make you extraordinary (Assets):
You have experience in Indonesia
You speak Bahasa Indonesia
What we offer:
- Generous leave entitlements
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- International travel opportunities
- Learning and development opportunities, and specialised training
- The ability to network across the CARE International Confederation
Founded in 1945, CARE is a leading international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. In over 80 countries, CARE works with the poorest communities to improve basic health and education, enhance rural livelihoods and food security, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity, help vulnerable people adapt to climate change and provide lifesaving assistance during emergencies. CARE places special focus on working alongside women and girls, living in poverty, because, equipped with the proper resources, women and girls have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty.
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and you are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you.
Please apply as soon as possible directly HERE, before November 14, 2018.
Resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position may be filled before the closing date. Don’t wait to apply!
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.