CARE Canada Job Vacancy: Chief Executive Officer – Yayasan CARE Peduli, Jakarta
Yayasan CARE Peduli (YCP) Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is the highest-ranking executive in the organization, her/his primary responsibilities include leading the transition of the organization to become a key national civil society player in Indonesia and playing effective role in fighting poverty and social injustice. In line with Government requirements, the successful candidate will be a Citizen of Indonesia.
The CEO is responsible for making major strategic decisions, managing the overall operations and resources of YCP, and acting as the main point of communication between the supervisory board and management as well as the key connector with CARE International.
The position also encompasses the leadership and overall responsibility of executing the transition business plan, oversee a robust fundraising strategy, implementation of high quality gender transformative programs, overall financial management; compliance and internal controls, enhancing staff capacity, emergency preparedness, safety and security as well as the overall representation of the organization.
CARE International is a major international humanitarian agency delivering emergency relief and long-term international development projects. Founded in 1945, CARE is non-sectarian, impartial, and non-governmental organization. CARE is one of the largest and oldest humanitarian aid organizations focused on fighting global poverty. CARE is working in over 90 countries, supporting over 80 million people.
CARE’s programs in the developing world address a broad range of topics including emergency response, food security, water and sanitation, economic development, climate change, agriculture, education, and health. CARE focuses on empowering and meeting the needs of women and girls and promoting gender equality.
CARE has worked in Indonesia since 1967, adapting to the needs of poor and vulnerable people, and in response to emerging trends in Indonesia society.
Since the Asia Financial Crisis in 1997, Indonesia has undergone significant social, political and economic change. Poverty is reducing, a stable democracy is maturing, and South-East Asia’s biggest economy is growing year-on-year at close to 7%. While many challenges remain – large absolute numbers of people below or near the poverty line; vulnerability to disasters and climate change; deforestation & environmental degradation; de-centralization – Indonesia is now a middle-income country confidently moving forward.
In order to maximize impact, efficiency and relevance, in 2016, CARE International in Indonesia commenced a review and a journey of transition to become a national Indonesian Yayasan and a member of the CARE confederation. Guided by a business plan, a key step in the transition is the change of leadership of the organization from an international staff deployed in Indonesia (Country Director), reporting to CARE Canada’s International Operations and Programs unit, to a national CEO hired by a locally registered Yayasan and reporting to the governing board of the organization.
What you offer:
- You have a University degree in a relevant discipline.
- You have a minimum of ten years of experience in international development or humanitarian assistance;
- You have at least five years of successful experience at the senior management level in the development or humanitarian sector, in countries vulnerable to multiple natural hazards / disasters (experience in Indonesia preferred);
- You are fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing);
- You are fluent in Bahasa Indonesia (speaking, reading and writing);
- You have proven experience in leading multi-disciplinary and multi-national teams especially in response to a major disaster;
- You have experience leading the review and reformulation of strategic plans;
- You have a solid understanding of financial and budget management, and of best practice programming (expertise by sector would be an asset);
- You have a proven abilities in decision-making and problem-solving including in emergency contexts;
- You have experience in security management;
- You have a flexibility and willingness to undertake local, regional and international travel.
- Past experience managing an Indonesian Yayasan.
- Experience in engaging private sector and managing large-scale fundraising activities.
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure
- Health and Other Benefits
- International travel opportunities
- Learning and development opportunities, and specialised training
Founded in 1945, CARE is a leading international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. In over 80 countries, CARE works with the poorest communities to improve basic health and education, enhance rural livelihoods and food security, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity, help vulnerable people adapt to climate change and provide lifesaving assistance during emergencies. CARE places special focus on working alongside women and girls, living in poverty, because, equipped with the proper resources, women and girls have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty.