Build Change Job Vacancy: Finance and Administrative Officer, Padang – West Sumatera
Industry: Non-profit/International Development
Function: Finance and Administrative Officer
Employer: Yayasan Bangunan Cemerlang Indonesia / Build Change
Job Location: Padang, West Sumatera – Indonesia
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Founded in 2004, Build Change is a non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. Build Change designs safe buildings, trains homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them, works with governments to develop and implement building standards, partners with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs, and facilitates access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs. Build Change started its work in Aceh, Indonesia, after the 2004 earthquake and tsunami, and since has expanded to include programs in China, Haiti, Colombia and the Philippines. Build Change has trained more than 20,000 people on earthquake-resistant design and construction techniques, and has provided technical assistance for more than 40,000 safer homes, impacting an estimated 200,000 people.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Finance and Administrative Officer – Indonesia
The Finance and Administrative Officer will have responsibility for financial and administrative of the Indonesia country office’s projects and operation, including budget development and monitoring, procurement. The Finance and Administrative Officer will establish and maintain sound financial practices, including reviews of the financial reports provided by projects.
This position reports to Controller, Director of Finance and Administration and Program Manager of Indonesia.
- Implement Build Change’s Finance system.
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts, and transfers.
- Prepare payment requests and bank transfers for payments to vendors.
- Maintain petty cash and cash counting.
- Pay Vendors in a timely manner.
- Responsible for calculating and making payment of staff’s salaries and benefits.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and end of month report using Quickbook.
- Prepare for calculation, payment, and report to the national tax.
- Tracking the budget.
- Bookkeeping and financial administration.
- Maintain and filling financial documentation.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities related to financial matters.
- Maintain compliance of Yayasan Bangunan Cemerlang Indonesia’s legal standing documents according to the updated applicable regulation.
- Manage Padang office’s day-to-day operations and administration-related matters.
- Manage visa and KITAS arrangement for staff, monitor the visa status and ensure that visas are kept up to date.
- Manage work visa and KITAS for foreign staff.
- Manage food allowance for all staff
- Manage and maintain proper assets inventory and administration files.
- Assist in interpretation and translation to/from English when required.
- S1 degree in finance, business, management, or related field
- At least 3 years experience in finance
- Proficiency with Quickbooks software, internet, Excel, Word and other Office applications
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Extraordinary organizational skills, attention to detail and quality control
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and supervise staff
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and development ethics
To apply, please send CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to email@example.com no later than 08th March 2019. No phone calls please.
Successful candidates will be interviewed as soon as possible and vacancy will remain open until position is filled. (Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.