Borneo Nature Foundation Job Vacancy: Sebangau Administration Staff – Palangkaraya
General Job Description
The role is responsible for looking after the administrative needs of the BNF Sebangau Programme including both office and field staff and BNF Sebangau research students. This is a broad role and tasks will vary in line with the needs and priorities of the BNF Sebangau team but will vary from basic administration such as photocopying, printing and shopping to more complex tasks such as letter writing, dealing with expenses and assisting with permit applications.
The role will involve coordinating with the BNF Administration and Finance teams, BNF Human Resources Department, the BNF Driver and other colleagues as necessary. A flexible, pro-active approach and good communication skills are essential to success in the role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for all areas of BNF Sebangau administration as follows:
- Prepare letters, camp permit requests and other formal documents as required; assist international staff when preparing correspondence in Bahasa.
- Assist BNF staff preparing Sebangau-specific workshops, training and other external events: invitations; travel; logistics; documentation etc.
- Arrange work-related travel, accommodation and logistical support for all staff, researchers and visitors as requested.
- Coordinate with partner organisations to set up meetings and deliver/receive documents.
- Accompany international researchers to immigration and other local offices as necessary.
- Photocopying, printing and binding reports and other publications; assist in distribution of documents, invitations and other mail-outs.
- Shopping for Sebangau project and office supplies, special requests for programme activities such as research expeditions, field staff kit and research equipment.
- Prepare shopping-related expenses requests and expenses reports for the BNF Finance team.
- Coordinate with BNF Administration staff to ensure all BNF Sebangau contact and mailing lists are added to the BNF master contact database.
- Organise and manage all hard copy and electronic filing systems, correspondence and documents as requested by BNF Sebangau staff.
- Ensure the Sebangau office is fully equipped with stationery.
- Assist at BNF Sebangau workshops/events as requested.
- Assist at BNF events as agreed with BNF Sebangau manager.
- Other duties as required.
Experience and Requirements
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in administration
- Excellent computer skills: word processing, Excel, internet
- University degree in a relevant subject
- Good language skills (verbal and written communication): Bahasa Indonesia and some English essential; preferably some Dayak
- Prior experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Good team-work and communication skills
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Initiative and flexibility
- Sebangau Program Manager
- Conservation Manager
- Head of Operations
Term of Appointment:
- 1 year (extendable upon agreement by both parties)
- 24th January 2019 or until the position is filled
- Interviews are expected to be conducted at end of January 2019
How to Apply:
Please send (a) a covering letter detailing why you believe you are suitable for the position; (b) two reference names and contact details (hp); (c) an up-to-date CV;
Send to: Wiwin (BNF Human Resources Department) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Sebangau Administration Staff