Borneo Nature Foundation Job Vacancy: Content Management Specialist. Indonesian
The Content Management Specialist will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining all content on the Borneo Nature Foundation (BNF) website to help achieve the organisation’s strategic goals, and build support for BNF’s conservation and research projects.
The Content Management Specialist is responsible for establishing the organisation’s presence on the World Wide Web. Working with BNF staff from across all programmes and divisions, the Content Management Specialist will source the most reliable and relevant information to engage target audiences. The duties also include monitoring website traffic and metrics to identify best practices. It is imperative that the Content Management Specialist is up to date with new technology, designs, and outreach methods to constantly improve the site and its impact, and increase website traffic.
The successful candidate must be an experienced professional who demonstrates journalistic and creative writing skills with minimum of 3 years professional experience in managing website content for a scientific-based conservation NGO. The Content Management Specialist will need to work well under deadlines, have excellent attention to detail, and be highly skilled in content optimization.
Ultimately, the candidate will oversee all of BNF’s website content to ensure audience engagement, brand consistency and an enhanced website visitor experience to encourage positive conservation action.
- Developing a content strategy aligned with BNF’s mission and vision, and strategic objectives;
- Writing, proofreading, and editing all information on the BNF website to ensure that it is accurate and up to date;
- Working closely with BNF’s Online Engagement Officer to select, edit and manage all media footage (photographs and videos) on BNF’s website;
- Producing, publishing and managing engaging and interesting news stories for publication on the BNF website;
- Working closely with other members of BNF’s Communications Team to plan and develop website content, style, layout and brand consistency on the BNF website;
- Liaising and working closely with the external website development agency responsible for building BNF’s website for back end development, trouble shooting and hosting requirements;
- Developing an editorial calendar and ensure BNF’s Communications Team is on board;
- Encouraging, supporting and coordinating other BNF staff to write engaging blogs for posting on the BNF website;
- Developing and implementing effective search engine optimization (SEO) strategies;
- Using content management systems to analyze website traffic and user engagement metrics;
- Ensuring compliance with law (e.g. intellectual property rights, copyright and data protection);
- Staying up-to-date with website design and technology, and generating new creative ideas to engage BNF’s target audiences.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in either science communications, journalism or other relevant topics preferred;
- Previous website content management experience and evidence of output production;
- Familiarity with CMS systems (preferably WordPress and Elementor), SEO and web traffic metrics;
- Excellent computing skills, including Microsoft programmes and some design software is beneficial (e.g. InDesign);
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and social media platforms;
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to write in a number of different styles/tones for various audiences in Bahasa Indonesia and English;
- Ability to identify, research and write interesting stories, and to effectively communicate complex messages to the target audience;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to enthuse others to identify and share stories;
- Creativity, highly organised, motivated, confident and outgoing;
- Strong interest and dedication to wildlife conservation.
Communications Development Manager
Salary and benefits:
Dependent on qualifications and experience
Term of the contract:
One year (extendable upon agreement by both parties)
April 05, 2019
How to apply:
Please send (a) a cover letter detailing why you believe you are suitable for the position; (b) an up-to-date CV; (c) a portfolio to highlight your professional achievements in content management and (d) two reference letters, to Wiwin (BNF Human Resources Department) at email@example.com with email subject ‘BNF Content Management Specialist’.