Blue Forests Job Vacancy: Human Resources & General Affair Officer – Makassar, Sulawesi
Job Title: Human Resources and General Affair Officer
Report to: Director of Blue Forests
Supervison of: Director of Blue Forests
Duty Station: Makassar
Closing Application: 25 June 2018
Start Working: July 2018
Status: Full-time; Temporary
Duration: 1 year
Yayasan Hutan Biru or Blue Forests (formerly known as Mangrove Action Project Indonesia) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the damage and restoration of mangrove ecosystems around the world. Our main objective is to promote the rights of traditional local communities, including fishermen and farmers to manage the environment sustainably. Blue Forests facilitates the exchange of ideas and information on mangrove conservation, alternative livelihood development, and environmental education.
Responsible for implementation of the organization’s Human Resources policies and practices. Manage and coordinate Human Resources activities with other managers and ensure HR regulations and policies are properly implemented.
- Oversee all HR functions including facilitating recruitment, offering advice and supporting recruitment process by setting up a mechanism for recruitment and HR information management.
- Maintain hard and soft copies of HR records – filing of recruitment papers and personnel files.
- Prepare contracts and change of contract letters for approval by budget holders.
- Monitor the expiry dates of temporary and fixed term contracts and timesheets for workers and update contract lists as required
- Liaise with Finance team in order to prepare payroll, employee social benefit including health insurance before being finally approved by Direct Supervisor.
- Contributes to revisions to the performance assessment system in coordination with Program Coordinator and all managers of Blue Forests.
- Verify correctness of all staff leave applications (sick leave, annual leave, etc.) and staff payments before being finally approved by Direct Supervisor.
- To be responsible for the administration of staff medical claim to vendor.
- Assist Program Coordinator in HR planning for the project.
- Offer professional and consistent advice and support to Program Coordinator and operational team of Blue Forests, ensuring HR is prioritized at the program planning process.
- Provide tailored training on HR procedures to teams as necessary
- Provide advice in effective conflict resolutions for all staff.
- Plans and organizes clerical support activities; establishes procedures, practices and work methods for office effectiveness and efficiency.
- Arrange the internal meetings periodically.
- Preparing and controlling memo or supported documents of HR.
- Preparing necessary external letters (i.e. BPJSTK Claim, Visa requirement, etc)
- Any other task that assigned by Direct Supervisor.
- Minimum D3; preferably Human Resources Studies/Management/Psychology or related field.
- 2-3 years experience in a similar position, preferably in NGO, on relevant issues such as contracts and condition of employment.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in the administration of a performance review system.
- Experience in the salary system and administration of staff benefits.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Indonesian.
- Computer skills (MS Word and Excel)
- Good communication skills
- An ability to work under pressure and within a complex environment
- Able to analysis human resources problem and solve the problem.
- Able to work in a multi-lingual and cross-cultural environment.
- Respect for confidentiality and commitment Blue Forests overall aims and objectives, including gender, equality and equal opportunities in all aspects of Blue Forests work.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to understand, interprets, and implement Blue Forests’ policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail and ability to produce accurate work within agreed deadlines.
- Good presentation/interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Send CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] before 25 June 2018.
All documents size limit should be maximum 1 MB.