Asian Venture Philanthropy Network Job Vacancy: Membership Services Manager, Jakarta
The Asian Venture Philanthropy Network (AVPN) is a unique funders’ network based in Singapore committed to building a vibrant and high impact philanthropy and social investment community across Asia. We are an advocate, capacity builder, and platform that cuts across private, public and social sectors embracing all types of engagement to improve the effectiveness of members across the Asia Pacific region.
The core mission of AVPN is to increase the flow of financial, human and intellectual capital to the social sector by connecting and empowering key stakeholders from funders to the social purpose organizations they support.
AVPN Membership Services Manager
We are in search of an enthusiastic, conscientious, and organized individual to join AVPN as Membership Services Manager based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Membership Manager will focus on maximizing potential benefits for new and existing members of AVPN, as well as developing and growing the AVPN membership network in Indonesia. The role requires an effective communicator with initiative and commitment to AVPN’s mission and vision. This role will be mainly responsible for the Indonesian market, so knowledge of the country and the sector will be extremely useful. This country is expected to be one of the highest growth areas for AVPN given its increased interest in social investment and strategic philanthropy.
- Growth and retention of membership
- Strengthening of the membership offering to new and existing members
- Create and facilitate events for members including roundtable and panel discussions, workshops, webinars, seminars
- Desk-based research and networking for prospective new members
- Preparing internal briefing papers for marketing trips
- Attendance and participation at external events
- Work closely with the Knowledge Center team and the market team leads to create services/workshops that will be of value to members
- Experience in member management or business development in a non-profit or corporate role
- Strategic thinker and planner with an ability to identify opportunities for membership growth and engagement
- Team player; able to work with colleagues to both share and leverage prospect contacts and knowledge
- Highly versatile and adaptable to changes, able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn and develop
- A passion to contribute to the growth of social investment in Asia
- A confident and professional approach
- A high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- A strong work ethic, integrity and ability to work with confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal skills, motivation and energy
- Ability to work in a small team and be flexible according to overall needs
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com or similar contact management software
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office products (or equivalent)
- Strong member service orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- Resourcefulness in solving problems