American Red Cross Job Vacancy: Disaster Management Manager, Jakarta
Mohon untuk membaca Disclaimer terlebih dahulu sebelum melanjutkan membaca.
Post Title: Disaster Management (DM) Manager for American Red Cross Indonesia Earthquake Readiness Project
Post Level: Manager Level J
Contract Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Base of assignment: Jakarta with up to 50% travel required
Reports to: Disaster Management Coordinator
The American Red Cross helps vulnerable people and communities around the world prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters and humanitarian crises through mobilizing the power of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. We are a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC).
Currently the American Red Cross has several disaster preparedness and organizational development programs funded through USAID/OFDA and private philanthropies in Indonesia and Micronesia and is exploring opening new programming in Timor-Leste as well as growth opportunities in our current countries of operation. The American Red Cross collaborates with the Indonesia Red Cross (PMI) and Micronesia Red Cross (MRCS) who are our local implementing partners.
This position will be responsible for providing technical and management support for the American Red Cross funded project: “Indonesia Earthquake Readiness”. The project aims to reduce preventable loss and damage from earthquakes associated with deficient preparedness capacities at the urban level. It will focus on reducing underlying risk factors – notably sub-standard housing construction of certain urban neighborhoods in selected earthquake-prone areas.
The project intends to change earthquake risk perceptions among targeted urban residents by engaging social and marketing communication experts and using multiple communication approaches, including social media platforms, for designing and initiating social and behavior change campaigns. Parallel to these efforts, the project will engage technical experts from public and private institutions to impart knowledge and hands-on skills on earthquake-resistant housing construction and create a low-cost and participatory retrofitting model in alignment with relevant national and local government standards and initiatives. The project will focus on targeted communities especially in selected neighborhoods in Banyuwangi District – East Java Province and Sukabumi City – West Java Province.
The DM Manager will work under supervision of the Disaster Management Coordinator in partnership with PMI and respective AmCross colleagues at HQ, regional and country levels in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project. He/she will assist in significantly enhancing the capacity of PMI to improve communities understanding and perception of their own earthquake risks and required preparedness measures leading to behavioral changes applying Red Cross’s Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA) approach. He/she will also assist PMI in building stronger multi-stakeholder partnerships focusing on the private sector.
The assignment of this position is subject to the availability of funds from the donor.
Duties and Responsibilities
Program development and liaison
- Support Disaster Management Coordinator to institutionalize relevant Disaster Management guidelines and policies as developed internally within AmCross, Red Cross movement and externally;
- Provide inputs as required to Amcross and PMI strategic planning process, achievement of activity targets and required modification of project objectives;
- Establish partnership and liaise closely with PMI, IFRC, and other Red Cross partners promoting best practices in risk reduction programming and facilitating a learning culture through field exchange visits and lessons learned exercises.
- Represent Amcross at project related meetings, workshops and/or training programs, lead presentations and facilitate meeting sessions as required.
Program Management and implementation
- Provide technical support and guidance to relevant divisions within PMI at the NHQ level and as necessary to Chapter and Branches to define and establish the project scopes and all activities required to deliver the expected deliverables on time, scope and budget, assuring quality standards are upheld. This includes development of training curriculum, guidelines, and building quality partnerships with relevant stakeholders (government, humanitarian organizations, private companies CBOs, religious leaders and project consultants);
- Provide support and guidance in developing project budgets, identifying cost estimates, regular budget and expenditures monitoring in close coordination with finance teams. This includes ensuring all required supply chain management (procurement, logistic, and asset) and expenditures comply with the prevailing procedures, donor regulations and SOPs;
- Assist PMI in preparing project documentation and reporting to ensure all required reports submitted on time and are of high quality. This includes provision of information for monthly progress reports and donor updates, sub recipient monitoring, Quarterly Project Reports, indicator tracking table and knowledge production and dissemination;
- Assist PMI to identify, monitor and manage operational and organizational risks and mitigate their impacts to project performance. Assume project quality assurance roles and trouble-shooting functions by conducting regular meetings, effective communication and field monitoring/visits;
- Perform other/relevant tasks/duties as required.
- University degree in Social Science, Mass Media and/or Public Communication and/or relevant field is required. Master Degree is preferred.
- Experience in disaster risk reduction and management is required
- Experience on public awareness building and behavioral changes campaigns is essential;
- At least 8 years’ experience in project development and management is required;
- Experience managing US Government funded projects required.
- Experienced in engaging private sector in development and/or humanitarian assistance related initiatives is an advantage;
- Understanding of and/or experienced with Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is an asset;
- Experience with institutional strengthening or capacity building of local organizations strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in English and Indonesian (written and spoken) required;
- Good computers skills (Windows, Spreadsheets, Word Processing);
- Self-motivated, with good judgment and initiative;
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and achieve results through collaboration;
- Must be flexible and adaptive to change;
- Able to work in difficult operating environment e.g. disaster affected area;
- Available to travel frequently (up to 50%) to project areas.
- Fluently spoken and written English
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae in English no later than 31 March 2019 to email@example.com
Place the job title in the subject line and include your name in all application files. Include in your application your monthly gross salary requirements in IDR and at least 3 references.
The applicants who have already applied for this position do not need to reapply.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.