AIP – PRISMA Job Vacancy: Contracts & Procurement Assistant, Jakarta – Indonesian
Background of the Project
The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Promoting Rural Incomes through Support for Markets in Agriculture (PRISMA 2) is a five – year program (2019 – 2023) funded by the Australian Government’s aid program and implemented in cooperation with the Government of Indonesia. The program will build upon the achievements and results of Phase 1 (2013-2018), using a market systems development (MSD) approach to support inclusive economic growth in Indonesia’s agriculture sectors.
PRISMA 2 will improve smallholder farmers’ competitiveness and access to new markets, better inputs, know-how and technology. It will aim to achieve a sustainable 30% increase in the net incomes of a further 700,000 smallholder farming households in Indonesia by 2023 (total 1 million farming households). The program operates in six provinces: East Java, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB), East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), Papua, West Papua and Central Java.
Purpose of The Position
Under the direction of the Contracts Manager, and working closely with the Contracts & Procurement Officer, the Contract & Procurement Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the contract and procurement unit.
Roles and Responsibilities
Specifically, this position will be expected to:
- Assist the Contract & Procurement Officer in processing Short Term Adviser (STA) requests from the program team
- Coordinate with the HR team or Communications Team to arrange position advertising both internally and externally.
- Collect all supporting documents of selected applicant. Selection process to be done by HR Team.
- Receives all applications from applicants and coordinated with the HR team to arrange the conforming checklist to make a long list candidate to be shortlisted by requester.
- Assist the Contract & Procurement Team to be the chair on the STA Assessment panel, which means preparing the scoring documents, inviting the shortlisted candidates and informing the assessment schedule to the APT (Assessment Panel Team).
- Contact the selected candidate for the offer negotiation and collecting the personal data for contracting.
- Prepare the STA contract draft, to be reviewed by Contract and Procurement Officer, before it goes to COO for sign off process.
- Send the signed contract to the STA along with the STA pack form and inform the requester of the starting date of the STA.
- Receive and check both STA and other contract (SC, PA, MoU) invoices for basic compliance in accordance to signed agreement before getting sing-off from the requester.
- Seek approval from Requester for the payment of invoices which have been verified and corrected by one of the officers in the Procurement Unit.
- Scan and record approved invoices with all supporting documents and archive to relevant folders.
- Process invoices through the finance database (MS GP).
- Submit and register approved invoices to finance for payment.
- Maintain the STA database both by system or Excel spreadsheet.
- Assist in the management of filing and archiving in the contract and procurement unit.
- Liaise with the requester (program staffs) to follow up on any unclear or in-completed requests.
- Perform other supporting tasks as reasonably required by the Contract Manager.
Key Selection Criteria
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Good English skills (both written and verbal).
- Proactive, and able to structure things logically
- Comfortable working with program software and Microsoft Office applications
- Able to plan and manage schedules, files/database while keeping confidentiality of documents and information.
- Able to prioritize and work effectively under pressure
- Good time management skills
- Bachelor holder from related background (Finance, Management, Business Administration)
- Minimum 3 years working experience under HR and Procurement unit
Experienced working in development (donor funded project).
- Reports to the Contracts Manager
- Closely coordinates with Procurement Officer
- Work closely with Admin team, HR team, Communication Team and Finance team
- May be required to travel to the field in project area
Applications close on 22 April 2019
CV and Application
Read the full details and how to apply here PRISMA2_Contracts & Procurement Assistant submit your CV and application addressing the key selection criteria noted at Item 4 above. Emails should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org noting “Position – your name” in the email subject line.
- Curriculum Vitae to be no more than seven (7) A4 pages
- Please include two (2) referees with your CV
- Indonesian nationals and female candidates are encouraged to apply