ZSL Indonesia Job Vacancy: Head of Finance – Bogor, West Java
The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera.
We are now looking for: Head of Finance
Terms and Condition
Start Date: July 2018
Duration of Contract: One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extend
Work Area: Bogor, West Java.
Reporting to: Deputy Country Director
Key Purpose of the Job
The Head of Finance will responsible to assist Deputy Country Director in managing finance team as well as provides daily oversight of the activities of the financial staff, including review and approvals for daily transactions. Provides relevant fiscal information to senior management team.
Assists with development and management of internal financial audits. May develop formal reporting system to communicate results of audit activities to management and regulatory compliance agencies for all projects in Indonesia Programme. The post holder will work closely with project team, donor, government and Finance team in London.
The Head of Finance will be based in Bogor, West Java with possibility travel to our field offices in Palembang and Jambi.
Responsibility for Resources
The Head of Finance will report directly to the Deputy Country Director.
The post holder will be responsible for supervising Sr. Finance Officer, Finance & Accounting Officer and Cashier and monitoring the finance team in field offices.
The Head of Finance will work closely with the ZSL International Finance team to ensure compliance with ZSL finance policies and procedures.
The post holder will ensure that financial operations in Indonesia Programme are compliant with ZSL, donor and government regulations and establishing good team work and cooperation between finance, programme, and partners in his/her role to ensure appropriate internal finance systems maintained, and that all procedures and controls are implemented and continuously improved.
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Lead in overseeing overall financial management and provide necessary insights for compliance and improvement and ensuring that all financial activities meet the highest standards in professional, transparent and accountable manner.
- Develop and manage financial processes in accordance with ZSL policies and provide proactive service delivery, advice, and support to managers, staff, and sub-recipients in relation to managing the whole project cycle (Design, Start-up, Implementation, Close-out), ensuring efficiency and compliance with ZSL policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements.
- Provide direction and coordination of effective budget development and management (Annual Program Plans and project budgets), ensuring accuracy and consistency of financial data and safeguarding of resources.
- Ensure integrity of accounting information by reviewing account issues for compliance and establishing quality control over accounting transactions and financial reporting. Oversee maintenance of supporting documentation for a reliable and easy to follow audit trail.
- Prepare donor financial reports and ensure compliance with ZSL and Donor regulations, including the maintenance of all required documentation.
- Lead the preparation of accurate financial data, analysis and projections and support the Senior Management Team and Program/Project Managers in interpreting data for decision-making and effectively managing financial risks.
- Provide recommendations and consult with management on financial projects and compliance.
- Oversee the performance of accurate reporting procedures and timely submission of reports to relevant stakeholders (Component managers, Regional Office, HQ/Finance, donors, local government entities).
- Ensure coordination and work closely with ZSL Head Quarters (London) on financial management and accounting system issues.
- Lead assessment of staff and sub-recipients’ financial management capacity, ensure capacity strengthening on finance policies and regulations, as needed, and monitor and measure impact.
- Effectively manage talent. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Lead all financial audit processes and ensure that audit financial management findings are closed out in a timely and sustainable way.
- Work closely with Human Resources and Administration Manager to ensure that procurement, logistic and administration procedures and processes are in line with ZSL and donor financial and procurement regulation.
- Timely submission of financial deliverables – budgets (project budget and country budget), treasury services, financial information, financial audit responses, project and donor reports are available on time.
- To take lead in assisting ZSL with the development of new and improvement of existing Financial policies, systems and practices for efficiency of financial operations.
- Ensure that personnel policies are adhered to in all employment practices.
- Monitor and control project fund management in order to ensure project finance run with ‘Value for Money’ principles.
- Perform any other duties as required by the line manager
- The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email.
- The position will require close attention to detail in all aspects of the project and therefore concentration on the work in hand – precision and accuracy are vital attributes
- The daily office work hours will be relatively standard. However, flexibility to these hours will be expected on occasion during busy periods such as field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day.
- This post is office based in ZSL’s office in Bogor, West Java.
Expectations of post holder
- To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work.
- To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post.
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience in financial management and in similar position is essential.
- Experience working with Non-Government Organizations, is preferable.
- Experience in handling complex non-profit funds, grant and management accounting is essential.
- Budgeting experience is essential.
- Experience in dealing with donors is essential.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressures.
- Very good planning, monitoring and organizational skills.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Excellent communication and coordination skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Indonesian essential.
- Knowledge of Indonesian Tax Law.
- Knowledge of financial accounting systems or similar financial reporting software highly preferred (sun-systems; quick-books).
- Knowledge of Accounting, Finance & Grant policy and procedure
- Knowledge of government regulation related financial issues.
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Policy (GAAP)
Skills & Abilities
- Computer literacy (excellent IT skills); competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other MS tools, including the ability to operae Quick Books or other Accounting Software
- Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team.
- Good communications skills – able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner.
- Self-starter, pro-active and uses initiative – can work independently and priorities own work load.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Preferably a high level of written and spoken English.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs.
- Highly motivated.
- Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas with very limited facilities.
- Excellent in writing skills and oral communication both in Indonesian and English.
- Able to deal with tight schedule and unscheduled tasks and target oriented.
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English, relevant experience, past salary history, two referees not later than June 18th, 2018, to [email protected] cc’d [email protected], placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name.
Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag