World Resources Institute Job Consultant: GIS Data Assistant, Jakarta – Indonesian
About WRI Indonesia
WRI Indonesia is associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI has worked with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in the United States, Brazil, China, Europe, India, and Indonesia.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country focusing on forests and land use governance and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include climate, energy, as well as cities and transportation programs.
The objective of the works is developing Badan Restorasi Gambut (BRG) Peatland Restoration Database system. BRG will provide all of their data and the requirements of the database system. BRG data consist of Peatland related data, peatland restoration activities and social and economy of the village within restoration area.
The personal consultant will work independently with the direction and supervision of WRI Indonesia GIS team and with close coordination with BRG. The main task of the work is to develop BRG peatland restoration database system includes database design and physical database. The work will span for 3 months of trial with probability of extension, focusing on selected data of BRG.
The consultant main areas of responsibility will include the following:
- Provides technical service for developing BRG peatland restoration activities database
- Documenting all BRG data that related to peatland restoration activities
- Processing the shapefile and tabular data to fit in into database design
- Supports the GIS team in project implementation, ensuring that desired outputs are delivered and outcomes are achieved within the appropriate level of quality and punctuality, in accordance with the program/project plan
- Coordinates with other GIS team to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency in accomplishing the project objective
- Generates final report to GIS team regarding accomplishment of the work plan
- Legally able to work in Indonesia.
- Bachelor degree in geography, geodesy, forestry, or any other related field.
- Studies, interest or experience working on environmental issues and specifically forest or land use issues.
- Minimum 1-2 years of full-time work experience in GIS field.
- Proven extensive experience in geospatial analysis using GIS software and spatial database management
- Ability to communicate, coordinate, and well organized.
- Ability to manage professional relationships to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Highly organized and systematic with strong time management skills and ability to juggle competing priorities and deadlines required.
- Detail-oriented and organized thinker.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Work plans are expected to be carried out timely and satisfactory with minor supervision.
- Must be capable of setting priorities and working under pressure.
- Ability to work well with internal and external participants is essential.
- Ability to work well in group/team as well as working individually.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is imperative.
- Cleaned BRG data for BRG Monitoring Platform
- State of data report
The works will be conducted within six months with possible extension depends on the working progress.
Consultant Fee: Consultant fee is commensurate with experience and skills.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should apply online by sending CV and application letter to [email protected] in order to be formally considered. Please mention GIS DATA ASSISTANT on your subject email.
The World Resources Institute is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI’s policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from minority groups, persons from developing nations, and women of all backgrounds.
Deadline of application: January 21, 2018
Lowongan Kerja ini diunggah oleh brazil
, loker brazil hot, lowongan tenaga gis 2018,
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag