Water Non Profit Organozation – Pamsimas Project Job Vacancy: CBO Program Manager, Jakarta
Position: CBO Program Manager (PAMSIMAS)
Category: 1‐year contract, full‐time
Reports to: Senior Program Manager, CBO Program
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Water.org is an international non‐governmental organization working to increase access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). Water.org has been in operation since 1990, implementing water and sanitation programs in conjunction with local partners such as financial institutions and water/sanitation service providers. Water.org programs have reached over 9.8 million people in 13 countries.
Water.org has scaled its WaterCredit initiative over the last several years, which works by building the capacity of carefully selected local financial institutions to offer affordable financing for water and sanitation facilities. WaterCredit programs support financial institutions through a combination of financial assistance and technical support. Since 2003, Water.org has implemented WaterCredit programs with 80 partner financial institutions, facilitating over 2.2M water and sanitation loans totaling over $722 million.
Water.org Indonesia had developed a model to strengthen, finance, and expand Community Based Organizations/BPSPAMS/HIPPAMS (CBOs), established under the PAMSIMAS and SANIMAS programs.
Water.org seeks to provide technical support to CBOs to build governance structures, improve technical and operational capacity and financial management skills to maintain and scale their water and sanitation services in rural Indonesia. Water.org also seeks to further inform financial institutions (FIs) about investment opportunities in the rural water supply sector and support FIs to increase loans to CBOs for financing management systems and infrastructure expansion.
Water.org seeks a highly skilled and motivated CBO Program Manager to support Water.org’s collaboration with PAMSIMAS program focused on delivering capacity building to PAMSIMAS staff to strengthen CBOs and facilitate financing for improvement/expansion of services.
This position reports to the Senior Program Manager and works closely with Country Director and Portfolio Managers at the Water.org head office in the US.
- Support PAMSIMAS CBO Strengthening (90%) ‐ Working closely with PAMSIMAS Program to manage the delivery of CBO strengthening activities. Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in development of training materials and capacity building tools for PAMSIMAS staff;
- Assist in delivery of capacity building to PAMSIMAS staff on CBO strengthening activities, covering different aspects of business management and operations, financial planning, billing and customer service, and construction and maintenance of water facilities;
- Ensure PAMSIMAS staff can effectively assist CBOs in preparation of proposals for financing, and facilitate coordination between PAMSIMAS staff and local financial institutions
- Regular coordination with PAMSIMAS staff to ensure timely implementation, program monitoring, troubleshooting;
- Manage relationships with various stakeholders, including Ministry of Public Works, BAPPENAS, PAMSIMAS, SANIMAS, FIs, local governments, etc.;
- Whenever applicable, manage Water.org local facilitators as they provide additional technical assistance to PAMSIMAS staff, local CBOs, and CBO Associations
- Organize and communicate information to track program performance, enhance CBO activities, and support the mission of Water.org;
- Water.org Organizational Support (10%) –Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Represent Water.org at events and in written publications to advance the organizational mission and vision.
- Maintain regular contact with Water.org US program managers to support partner reporting, inform about partner progress and report any issues impacting achievement of program deliverables.
- Assist in development of new internal tools and new processes/procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- At least seven years of relevant experience with water/sanitation supply sector and institutions, water and sanitation organizations, and/or related organizations, or related
- Proven track‐record of significant project/program management experience, preferably with a large‐scale initiatives
- Candidates must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Demonstrated understanding of urban and rural water supply sector, sanitation and hygiene approaches and familiarity with sector trends
- Understanding of development finance models and approaches, including (but not limited to) SME lending and/or microfinance, financial services, cooperative development, lending methodologies and sector trends
- Demonstrated proficiency in development and management of stakeholder relationships
- Experience with institutional capacity building efforts is strongly preferred
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office products and database software
- Excellent verbal and written communications in Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Proven track record proactively identifying challenges and developing innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results working in a small team
- Critical thinking, creativity, good judgment, initiative, attention to detail, and professionalism
- Strong desire to contribute to increased access to water and sanitation
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of time
This is one‐year contract position, with a possibility of extension.
Interested candidates may send a copy of their CV and a cover letter indicating their interest to: [email protected]
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please do not attempt to contact Water.org about the status of your application.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief or sexual orientation.
Lowongan Kerja ini diunggah oleh community
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag