UCLG ASPAC Job Vacancy: Regional Administration Assistant, Jakarta
Vacancy No: UCLG ASPAC /011/V/2018
Post Title: Regional Administration Assistant
Division: Bureau of the Secretary General
Duty Station: UCLG ASPAC Secretariat in Jakarta
Duration: One (1) year, extendable
Date Posted: Wednesday, 9th May 2018
Closing Date: Monday, 21st May 2018 (Jakarta Time: 23:59)
UCLG ASPAC is the largest regional section of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), an amalgamation of International Union of Local Authorities (IULA), United Towns Organisation (UTO), and World Association of the Major Metropolises (METROPOLIS). UCLG was established on 1 January 2004 and is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. Following this unification, UCLG ASPAC was established in Taipei on 14 April 2004, as the new entity of IULA ASPAC. UCLG ASPAC’s Secretariat is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
UCLG is a worldwide association of local governments and the officially recognised voice of local governments by the United Nations. UCLG ASPAC has linkages to more than 7,000 cities and local governments. It represents well over 3.76 billion people – more than half of the world population – and incorporates economically fast developing countries such as China, India, and Indonesia.
UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supports cooperation between cities, local governments and their associations, and facilitates programmes, network and partnerships to develop the capacity of local governments and the associations. Moreover, UCLG ASPAC represents local governments politically within the international community, and with the United Nations and its agencies. It also promotes inclusive societies which safeguard equality, social and economic justice, and sustainable development. UCLG ASPAC is engaged in all relevant thematic fields for nurturing sustainable development comprising local economic development, climate change, disaster resiliency, culture, strategic planning, decentralisation, municipal finance, gender equality, women leadership and empowerment and good governance.
UCLG ASPAC is looking for a qualified candidate to fill in the post of Regional Administration Assistant. The post will be placed at UCLG ASPAC Secretariat Office in Jakarta.
Purpose of role/position
To provide support and assistance for day to day activities and administrative office management and be responsible for other general performance of administration duties.
Scope of Works/Duties
Under the operational supervision of the Line Manager, the Regional Administration Assistant will undertake the following tasks:
- To provide secretarial services for the office by handling visitors, arranging appointments/meeting as needed, incoming phone calls and making outgoing calls in a professional and courteous manner;
- To be in charge of recording the incoming and outgoing letters, arranging the stationary, office supplies and other office needs;
- To be the coordinator for travel arrangement (ticket, accommodation, visa and so on);
- To be responsible for attendance record and monthly issuance;
- To be responsible for the management of leave records;
- To be in charge for recording and updating the general filling system in administrative field;
- To be responsible in monitoring and tracking the issuance of the proper and valid visa and legal documents for international staff members;
- To ensure all office equipment is kept in good condition, including its regular maintenance and maintaining of its contracts;
- To be responsible for office purchase and procurement of goods and ensure the completion of documentation are completed in time;
- To ensure administrative required support is run well;
- To assist in providing logistical support for meeting (room reservation, meals and so on);
- To liaise with finance to ensure that all bills related office (i.e. electricity, phone, water, newspaper) are paid on times;
- To perform any other task assigned by Line Manager and/or Secretary General.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Business Administration and/or relevant disciplines;
- Minimum 3 (three) years of professional experience in working in a similar position in an NGO and/or an International Organisation and/or Corporation;
- Has experience in administration management;
- Demonstrated experience working with local governments, multi-donor agency and/or development partner.
- Has experience of working for, or in cooperation with, government institutions;
Fluency in written and spoken in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Other skills and competency:
- Dynamic and people person;
- Good interpersonal skills, respect to others and ability to communicate well;
- Demonstrates detail orientation, proactive attention to outcomes and expectations, and ability to understand and effectively use information and data;
- Has ability to work in a team and individual;
- Excellent organisational abilities with capacity to meet deadlines and to manage time well.
S/he shall will be supervised by the Line Manager and supported by other team members.
How to apply
Only the qualified candidate will be contacted.
Lowongan Kerja ini diunggah oleh aspac
, climate change
, program officer
, uclg aspac
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag