UCLG ASPAC Job Vacancy: Project Manager for SDG’s Project, Jakarta – Indonesian
Position: Project Manager
Status: Project-based staf
Duration: February 2018-December 2020
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
UCLG ASPAC is the largest regional section of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), an amalgamation of International Union of Local Authorities (IULA), United Towns Organization (UTO), and World Association of the Major Metropolises (METROPOLIS). UCLG was established on 1 January 2004 and is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. Following this unification, UCLG ASPAC was established in Taipei on 14 April 2004, as the new entity of IULA ASPAC. UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia Pacific region.
UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supports cooperation between cities, local governments and their associations, and facilitates programmes, network and partnerships to develop the capacity of local governments and the associations. Moreover, UCLG ASPAC represents local governments politically within the international community, and with the United Nations and its agencies. It also promotes inclusive societies which safeguard equality, social and economic justice, and sustainable community development. UCLG ASPAC is engaged in all relevant thematic fields for nurturing sustainable development comprising poverty alleviation, climate change, disaster resiliency, culture, strategic planning, decentralization, local finance, gender equality, women leadership and empowerment as well as good governance.
The project strategies are (1). To strengthen the capacity of LGAs to perform their legal and institutional mandate to tackle poverty through application of SDGs indicators in their policies and planning; (2). To enhance the LGAs’ institutional and operational capacities in performing their main functions (advocacy, lobby, coordination, technical services, capacity building and knowledge sharing) in raising awareness of the SDGs among their members.
UCLG ASPAC is looking for a qualified candidate to fill in the post of Project Manager under the European Union (EU) project (CSO-LA/2017/386-361) on Localizing SDGs in Indonesia. The project aims to support the local implementation of the SDGs in Indonesia by strengthening the capacities of Local Governments (LGs) and their associations (LGAs) to plan, implement and monitor the SDGs at the local level.
The Project Manager will be hired for eleven 1 (one) year with possibility of extension on good performance basis.
Scope of Works/Key Duties
Under this scope of work, the Project Manager will carry out the following key activities:
- Implement and manage day-to-day operational management of the project to ensure that activities produce satisfactory quality outputs and outcomes;
- Present annual work plans and budgets;
- Implement monitoring and evaluation activities for the project in close collaboration with the project team to ensure effective monitoring of each individual’s activities;
- Monitor budget implementation and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of project expenditure;
- Present financial reports and supporting documentation to the donor/co-partner, and ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date;
- Present project progress reports with project team and partners on regular basis;
- Establish, maintain and facilitate strategic dialogue between project team and SDGs related government officials at central and local levels, NGOs, partners, donors and other stakeholders in project´s area of work;
- Identify areas of cooperation and coordination with other organizations for implementation of joint activities to localize SDGs;
- Supervise and support the project personnel in conducting project activities;
- Be responsible for review and coordination meetings with project team, and funders on regular basis;
- Conduct coordination meeting with partners and counterparts on regular basis to ensure the effectiveness of project deliveries;
- Ensure that the project builds capacities of LGs and LGAs through access to knowledge, expertise and networks;
- Conduct any other tasks, as assigned by the Project Supervisor the post is under the supervision of a senior staff and guidance of SG.
Special requirements of the assignment:
- Master’s degree in management, public administration, social sciences and/or other relevant fields.
- Has at least 2 (two) years of relevant experience in specific issues of SDGs’ implementation and a minimum of five years of work experience with the Indonesian governments;
- Has experience in working with the government officials at various level particularly related to local development and local governance;
- Has Experience in developing and maintaining networks and/or partnership with government and non-government stakeholders and donors at national and local levels;
- Fluency in written and spoken in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Demonstrates commitment to participatory and bottom-up approaches and ability to manage projects;
- Has strong analytical, interpersonal and social skills;
- Demonstrates detail orientation, proactive attention to outcomes and expectations, and the ability to understand and effectively use information and data;
- Be willing to travel during the project’s implementation when required;
- Has ability to work in a team and individual;
The post will be supervised by a senior staff and guidance of SG and supported by SDGs Training Coordinator, Knowledge Management Officer, Finance and Administrative Officer, and 2 (two) Field Officers.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] and [email protected] latest by 28th January 2018. With subject : PM ASPAC EU SDG – Your name Only the qualified candidate will be contacted.
kerja-ngo.com dengan Tag